Thread: Projected FCS Players going to NFL Combine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Projected FCS Players going to NFL Combine

Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    I agree he would have benefited by staying his senior year, but he's fundamentally a good kid, with ability, and will likely get a combine invite from everything I'm hearing. His "off field" issues are no different than a majority of NFL and college players in general. He took care of his business while he was here and I know first hand that LSU coaches loved him as a kid and a player and didn't want him to leave. How the LSU suspension affects him in the draft is anybody's guess, but there are clubs that have rated him higher than that on ability. We shall see.
    Could you tell me who you were hearing Maea would get a combine invite from? You seemed very confident to disagree and I'm wondering if you know coaches? Coaches have often told me a player is likely to go or get drafted and we scouts don't agree at all. Coaches are right more than they are wrong on that but I would say 30-40% of that chatter among coaches can be off by a good bit.

Not sure where you heard that about the coaches because I was told he was dismissed and failing tests was part of it and a big reason they didn't fight to keep him. His effort on the field was not very good either. I have watched three games and while he flashes some draftable talent at times, he needed to stay badly. He showed ZERO effort in some games and only showed effort half the time in others.

I don't know people on every team well enough to say for sure on all 32 but I know that a few teams took both brothers completely off their board and will not even attempt to sign them. I think both end up being priority free agents though.
    Last edited by smallcollegefbfan; March 6th, 2018 at 04:30 PM.