Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
Not you;;; one of the posters had a negative comment about coaches who never played the game telling players they were soft as if they shouldn't be allowed to say that to a player....
I have a little different story to tell. One of my basketball starters was sick, so I had a guy off the bench start against a team that we had already beaten twice. He did OK. Later, his dad, who was the head of the school board, came in to ask why his son didn't stay in the starting lineup because they had won. I told him that the guy he filled in for averaged 18 a game and would later be named all conference. He did the old "well, I played a little bit of basketball so I know" line. I told him that he should plant all corn the next summer. He was confused and asked why I said that. I told him that I grew up on a farm so I know a little bit about that too.

Didn't get my contract renewed after finishing runner up in a twelve team league and winning the baseball title.........but I wouldn't have changed my answer. One year was enough there.