Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
So much wishing. Don't forget how many years in a row SDSU lost to NDSU before the win this year. Also 2011-12 was probably among our weakest classes in the run. NDSU has been stealing FBS recruits for the last 2 years. Not under recruited players, just straight up grabbing players with G5 offers, P5 interest. If the NDSU coaches can fix some scheme issues we still remain a top 5 team for the next 5 year at the very least. Also consider FCOA, it is going to be a huge advantage over a lot of teams in the FCS. We aren't going anywhere. I do agree the president issue is BS, and in the long run can kill us.
So, basically no addressing any of the points I made, just pointing at what happened. Considering all the regional teams I mentioned have the capability to match the FCOA NDSU can offer, it kinda neutralizes that advantage unless you're recruiting against the Citadel all the time. Actually SDSU can beat ndsu's offer I believe from what I remember seeing due to what the cost of attendance comes out to be in Brookings. Yes I know SDSU isn't able to offer every recruit FCOA at the moment, but they can offer it if they need to. But if your rebuttal is to point at the past when realistically there have been massive upgrades to your opponents and potential competition, that's the definition of having the blinders on. Also note I mentioned that it isn't going to happen immediately, it will take a couple years. But it certainly is a very plausible situation, especially looking at what I pointed out. None of that was "wishing" using hypotheticals of improvements that "could" happen to local schools NDSU competes with (and beats right now) for recruits. It's off of concrete improvements that present legitimate competition compared to what things were. Also USeD had a better recruiter as a head coach, so that's more to be added to the list. Just saying "ha ha we're NDSU keep wishing we did this and this" is the definition of bus son arrogance. But I didn't expect anything different I'm more interested in what other teams fans think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk