Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
I would be surprised if Charleston Southern gets a bye. Currently they are 31st in the GPI. That isn't the only consideration, and they would move up a bit with 2 more wins, but I just can't see the committee rewarding them with a bye unless a bunch of other teams fall apart, as mentioned by others above.

I would also be surprised if NAU gets a bye. Even if they wind up 9-2, it's with only 1 really good win (Montana) and three decent ones (Cal Poly, S. Utah and S. Dakota).

Lastly, and I expect to get some grief here, I doubt that Montana St. gets a bye as well. Currently their only win that is even decent is N. Arizona (which is a very good win). They've beaten nobody else and have a bad loss. True, if they win out they will have 2 really good wins and a decent win in S. Utah, and it would put them in the mix, but unless other teams lose above them I don't see them getting there with 2.5 losses (I only count SMU as a half loss).

The other 9 teams you named, I agree, they are the top candidates for being in slots 5-8. I'll throw Jacksonville St. into the mix as well, since if they beat E. Illinois and finish 10-2 their resume looks much more impressive.
NAU may not get a bye if they win out - but our resume is better than:

Chuck South
Coastal
Chatty
YSU (if they lose to NDSU)
Fordham