Thread: Some useless I-AA/FCS trivia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

Re: Some useless I-AA/FCS trivia

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Reviving an interesting thread with a new set of useless trivia. Who's played on the most different fields consecutively?

NDSU - 6 games from 2011 playoffs to 2012.
    Home on V2
    Champ in Frisco, TX
    Home on V3
    At Colorado St
    Home on V4
    At UNI
    NDSU replaced their 2nd turf between seasons. There was an installation problem and it had to be replaced after the first game. We had 3 consecutive home games on different turfs, plus some interspersed away games. Won them all too.

Illinois State - 6 games from 2014 playoffs to 2015.
    At EWU
    At UNH
    Champ in Frisco, TX
    At Iowa
    Home
    At EIU

NDSU - 6 games from 2023 playoffs to 2024
    At UNI
    Home
    At Montana St
    At USD
    At Montana
    At Colorado(in the future)
    That OT loss at MT stopped us from having 7.

Any others?
    Not sure how you did this for other schools, but 2019 to 2020, ISUr had 7 !!! And would have had 8, if not for Patty V caving to Petrino to cancel our spring opener at MoST.

2019:
    At YSU (reg season)
    At SEMO (playoff)
    At UCA (playoff)
    At NDSU (playoff)

2020 spring:

at MoST - canceled
    Home USD (week 2 reg season)
    At UNI
    At NDSU

Fun fact, our week 1 opener was supposed to be at Missouri, so we would have had 8 straight different fields.

Funner fact ... this MoST canceled game in week 1 was part of Spack's rationale for canceling the spring 2021 season after 4 games. Petrino convinced Patty V to cancel it because "they couldn't clear snow from their field in time". Which was complete BS ... Normal, IL had more snow and colder weather, our field was perfectly ready to play. That's the thing about turf, once you clear it and sun shines, it warms up the surface fast. Note, Spack had initially balked at playing spring at all, but was talked into it by Patty V and probably other coaches. Then to have Patty allow Petrino to cancel game for BS reason. They likely weren't ready yet, despite nicer weather than my Redbirds and their having an indoor practice field option, which we didn't. So after all the FBS transfers we lost from fall, 4 games, several injuries and covid, Spack told Patty V to f off (my words = D), and he canceled the rest of games.

Ironically, this is all why we only lose 8 SRs from the 2023 season ... combination of fall 2020 pandemic transfers and Spack canceling spring season, then even more transfers. Leading to the first time Spack had 2 straight losing seasons .. 1-3, and 4-7, then two 6-5 seasons.

Last edited by Redbird 4th & short; January 16th, 2024 at 02:12 PM.