Quote Originally Posted by mmiller_34 View Post
I guess I was more focused on football.

Agree with the baseball / softball / basketball facilities.

If we are talking about all programs — the SJAC in Brookings beats the NDSU IPF (track, stands, and golf facilities included) But, if we are talking just football, the NDSU IPF is probably better since it has a true 100 yard field vs SDSU’s 80 yard field. Both really good.

The weather keeps people away from playoff games. This is true. I’ve been more playoff games in Brookings than most and I love every minute of it; but those December games definitely only for the diehard fans. However, from August to early November weather is normally perfect for fall outdoor football. I guess I’d rather have an outdoor stadium that has the ability to expand vs being restricted by a dome.

Whatever happens in the future, if SDSU and NDSU ever go FBS, December home games will be a thing of the past and will be a non-factor.

Just some interesting things to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree on the outdoor stadiums in nice weather and if NDSU keeps up this level of play, there won't be any more games in December to worry about. Walking into the dome when it is sunny and gorgeous outside is kind of depressing. I think that is why he have such a late arriving crowd.

The weather in Brookings in the winter is a lot nicer, you need to trust me on that one. The two most recent home playoff games against JMU would have been virtually unplayable outside, I almost ****ing died walking to the dome from about 4 blocks away and I am used to this ****.