Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
I think our coach blew it again. Samford was a tall order no doubt, but the air seemed deflate a bit when we went for it on 4th down around their 10 on the opening drive...and didn't make it. We had a 9 minute drive to open the game and came up empty on the scoreboard. He should have kicked the FG. Samford was in hyper hurry up mode as well and that was a bit stressful after a while on our D. They obvious saw that weakness from our game with Campbell who also did it. The only bright spots we had were a 56 yard FG (school record), so its nice to know he can do it, and we had a surprising show from one of our backs, Crawford, late in the game. He was hard to stop. May be a starter next game. Our QB was switched out in the 4th, but I think that was to keep our #2 in practice rather than any reflection on Underwood. Should be a good game next Saturday, but I see some revenge for last year on the horizon.
As much as I love the triple option (my earliest fan experiences are watching Wofford run the wishbone in 1969), it is obvious that the NCAA is doing all they can to stop the triple option.

hopefully, if El Cid makes a change, they will go with a hybrid option like Wofford ran prior to he-whose-name-will-not-be-mentioned. I wouldn’t mind Wofford going back to that offense, but with our current offense putting up Samford type passing numbers, I don’t see that happening.