Quote Originally Posted by Bucs2016 View Post
I havent had time to follow a lot of ball this season with a new job move to Greenville which kept me busy, but Im catching up on some stuff. PLEASE explain what I missed with this playoff stuff.

Im in Greenville now so I get plenty of Furman news. So they won a three way championship in the SoCon and DIDNT get a playoff spot, yet, the CAA got SIX teams in???? And now the CAA laid duds all over the field?

Ive always felt the playoff committee had a Northern bias. This kinda reinforces it. How does a SoCon Champion get snubbed yet one conference gets SIX! teams in????

This opens an old 2015/2016 wound from when the committee put CSU/Citadel/Wofford/Coastal all facing each other in 1st round same bracket when I felt all those teams were solid top 10 teams during those seasons but knocked each other out in opening rounds.

Looking back I guess at least they let us in because apparently Furman can win a SoCon championship share and not even get in but you can finish .500 in the CAA and get in.
There are many (too many) posts on this subject.

Long story short, Furman put themselves at the mercy of the committee by not handling their business earlier in the year. Furman's snub, along with Indiana State's, are as best I can tell the two biggest criticisms in this year's field. They selected 24 teams, but perhaps not the 24 best teams.