Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
You are the one deflecting and missing the point of the exercise. I have said nothing of Furman. If I had made the representation that Furman would run through the SoCon and win 9 games all behind the strength of an NFL calibre offensive line, I would hope that those on this board would do their jobs and tell me I'm out of place.

This has nothing to do with Mike Ayer's record against Samford. Chris Hatcher has a career record of 58-55 at the D1 level. You say he's the best coach in the league. He's a .500 coach.

I appreciate your points. They are good ones. I dont think I am missing them.

Here is why I say that Hatcher is the best coach in the SoCon...

1. Hatcher's overall record is 134 and 67.
2. He has won a national championship as a Head coach. Not sure any other coach in the SoCon has done that at any level.
3. He was Named National Coach of the Year from the American Football Coaches Association, Not sure any other coach has done that at any level.
4. He was Named Coach of the year 14 times by regional and local associations.
5. He was a two time All American as a player. You have to understand the game to win that award.
6. He won National player of the year and won the Harlon Hill trophy. Not many coaches or players do that.
7. He had two undefeated seasons back to back as a head coach. Rare.
8. He led a dismal Murray state program to their first winning season in many years.
9. He is a great recruiter, especially in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.
10. installed the highest rated offense in the SoCon since coming to Samford.
11. Developed a quarterback which won the SoCon Offensive Player of the year in 2016.
12. In two years at Samford he led them to the playoffs for the 4th time in school history.
13. The team finished in the top 25 and will be ranked in the top 25 this year.
14. He may fall on his face, he has his flaws, but his overall resume says he is the best in the SoCon.

Who do you say has the better proven performance in the SoCon? I am open to change my mind on this. Not saying he is perfect or the best coach in the country. Who is the top coach in the SoCon if not Hatcher?