Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Portal Gains

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Re: Portal Gains

Quote Originally Posted by Milktruck74 View Post
    THe NCAA is completely feckless now. Their rule book is about as useful as a Chilton's Manual for a 1978 AMC Gremlin. Come back when they actually decide to enforce their rules and require the athletes to be amatures to compete.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

My Team
    Stephen F. Austin

After 10 practices and the spring game coming up a reporter asked SFA DC Mike Mutz who on defense was standing out, and Mutz didn't hesitate when he said Cotton.
    CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010 2022
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2021
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    SLC/WAC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2009 2010 2011 2012 2015 2016 2017 2020 2021
    111 SLC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
    9 WAC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

AXE'EM JACKS!

First Class FCS Ruler Puddin Tane's Avatar
    My Team
    Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    Is anyone else following "The Travels of Clifton McDowell"? Sounds like he has decommitted from Prairie View A&M and is now headed to McNeese State? What in the world is going on??...
    Im sure he is 100% committed. Just like the previous 6 times. Or is it 7? Maybe 8?

My Team
    Stephen F. Austin

To SFA

QB:
    SAM VIDLAK (Montana)
    RB: DEAGO BENSON (Vanderbilt)
    DL: LANE LEWIS (Grambling State)
    CB: MICHAEL PATTERSON (Houston)

Last edited by SFA 93; May 15th, 2024 at 07:27 PM.
    CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010 2022
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2021
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    SLC/WAC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2009 2010 2011 2012 2015 2016 2017 2020 2021
    111 SLC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
    9 WAC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

AXE'EM JACKS!

FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by ncspiderfan View Post
    Add

Matt Robbert TE Grad from Cornell
    Spiders added a kicker from Fordham, Brandon Peskin 1st Team All-Patriot, 1 year remaining.

AGS FCS Champion

Tribe added two more this week.

Jayden Platt, 6'2" 205 DB, Maine, 4 years to play.
    Ty Gordon, 6'3" 280 DL, Syracuse, 4 years to play.
    Go Tribe!

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

See info about Mercer’s 3 “blockbuster” portal acquisitions for their Offense (RB, WR, OL) this week - heavy with FBS/P5 offers - in the “SoCon Off-season 2024” thread, if interested. Not gonna reproduce the detailed info on them over into this thread.

Mercer also added an FBS G5 Safety transfer last week. Bears are building back Bear-ier.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

First Class FCS Ruler CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

FUBear, you may have mentioned this before but what are your thoughts on Carter Peevey and his transfer to Maine? For a Georgia kid born and bred and having a very good senior year his decision to transfer to Maine who has had 2 down years in a row was a head scratcher. The offense does all of it's WR's returning one of which is Randy Moss's son Montigo so it is possible for him to have a good year at Maine. I have not heard about NIL money for Maine players but they do have a program in place so maybe that also was a factor to transfer as well, just a hunch nothing concrete there. Anyhow let us know what you think of him, he seems to be a dual threat with his arm and legs.

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

No context post in Portal Gains thread…cuz, where else?
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    FUBear, you may have mentioned this before but what are your thoughts on Carter Peevey and his transfer to Maine? For a Georgia kid born and bred and having a very good senior year his decision to transfer to Maine who has had 2 down years in a row was a head scratcher. The offense does all of its WR's returning one of which is Randy Moss's son Montigo so it is possible for him to have a good year at Maine. I have not heard about NIL money for Maine players but they do have a program in place so maybe that also was a factor to transfer as well, just a hunch nothing concrete there. Anyhow let us know what you think of him, he seems to be a dual threat with his arm and legs.
    Peevy’s Dad played and was an All SoCon OLman for Furman and then his offspring (Carter) was an All SoCon player for Mercer. Just doesn’t get any better than that combination!

Don’t really have a lot of thoughts…other than happiness for him and hope his experience as a Black Bear is a good one.

Carter was a warrior for Mercer. He accepted and excelled in whatever role he was asked to play. He can run tough with good size/strength, and no fear AND he can run fast as he showed outracing an SEC 1st Team Defense for 75 yards on the 1st play of the game @ Ole Miss last season. He’s not particularly elusive in the pocket, but he can escape and turn a sack into a short gain AND he’ll stand in there and take a hit, if needed. Obviously, he can throw a nice deep ball - Ty James avg’d almost 20 yds/catch. Coach Cronic’s Offense is clearly complicated with a myriad of shifts, motions, and QB fakes / misdirections. Carter didn’t seem to have any difficulties executing all of that. The only ‘knock’ FUBeAR might have is that he may not have developed into a great passer over the years. He’s not Dan Marino. Maybe that’ll come under new Coaching. If so, he has other tools that are NFL quality.

GO BEARS!
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL