6 5.61%
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Nicholls State @ #1 NDSU

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: Nicholls State @ #1 NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    They were turrible between the tackles on D, they should go with 5 down lineman with a guy on the nose against ISUr. they are completely one dimensional.
    That is a great idea. 5 D linemen and 2 or 3 linebackers. Play man on man on the outside.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Overall, the Bison defense did alright IMO. They only gave up 265 total yards (171 rushing). NDSU had 434 yards but it seemed like less with the way the game was going. The Bison were only 3-10 on 3rd down....

Nicholls passing was a lot of 50/50 balls or throwing to an "area"...
    Their two RB's averaged 5.1 and 6.1 per carry but they basically removed them from the offensive game plan when they started to throw picks and fell behind. Yea, our D only gave up 13 but I never felt like our D was controlling the game, they weren't. Their QB throws two balls off of his back foot, game, set, match.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    That is a great idea. 5 D linemen and 2 or 3 linebackers. Play man on man on the outside.

Dewey
    That is what JMU did to us in 2016 in the playoffs but there corners were freaking beasts and we had no answer. If we put 8 or 9 in the box against ISUr, what are they going to do? I would really like to see a 5 man line on D but we won't do that and probably don't need to
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

My Team
    Nicholls State

RB Gums is a freshman and we have a younger QB on our roster that WAS going to be an FBS player but his senior year found him caught in a tragic political battle between public and private schools. By the drama subsided he was able to play one regular season and one playoff game his senior year of high school. Had this young man benefited from a full year of play he easily could have been a day one starter in the Sun Belt, MAC, CUSA and probably a year two competitor in the Power 5. His measurables are similar to Fourcade, I don't think we should see too much of a drop off offensively. Defensively, we have a great team of coaches that can motivate.

This is all assuming no coaches get poached. Plus the SLC always is competitive. We could have a historically best team in 2020 and hover .500 due to the parity. Just refer to the name of this website.
    RAH RAH WEE KICK EM IN THE KNEE RAH RAH RASS KICK EM IN.....THE OTHER KNEE

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    That is what JMU did to us in 2016 in the playoffs but there corners were freaking beasts and we had no answer. If we put 8 or 9 in the box against ISUr, what are they going to do? I would really like to see a 5 man line on D but we won't do that and probably don't need to

We get that now when Jabril comes up to pressure on the line. Teams are spreading out to try and take Jabril out of the play. Many times it works esp when the play goes opposite his side.

My Team
    Geaux Colonels

Wasn’t too disappointed with our performance. Those INTs were backbreakers though. Felt bad for Evans who was ejected. It’s crazy because although he’s our best cover guy, he’s our least physical defensive back. Terrible call.

Tough second round draws for this team (EWU last year) but excited for the future. We lose a great senior class but still have plenty coming back to make another run at the playoffs.

My Team
    Geaux Colonels

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    RB Gums is a freshman and we have a younger QB on our roster that WAS going to be an FBS player but his senior year found him caught in a tragic political battle between public and private schools. By the drama subsided he was able to play one regular season and one playoff game his senior year of high school. Had this young man benefited from a full year of play he easily could have been a day one starter in the Sun Belt, MAC, CUSA and probably a year two competitor in the Power 5. His measurables are similar to Fourcade, I don't think we should see too much of a drop off offensively. Defensively, we have a great team of coaches that can motivate.

This is all assuming no coaches get poached. Plus the SLC always is competitive. We could have a historically best team in 2020 and hover .500 due to the parity. Just refer to the name of this website.
    Gums will be a junior next season. And as far as Robison goes, I’d be surprised if he sees the field next year with Scott expected to be in the mix and Granier returning. I know Robison was a nice pickup but I can’t comment on whether he was a FBS caliber recruit since I don’t follow recruiting much.

As I said in my previous post, I do like what we have coming back.

My Team
    Nicholls State

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Gums will be a junior next season.
    Ah, my mistake! Thanks for catching that.
    RAH RAH WEE KICK EM IN THE KNEE RAH RAH RASS KICK EM IN.....THE OTHER KNEE