Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    You guys miss us don’t you? Always trying to entice us back. The problem is it CAAn’t work this time, we are busy building a new trophy case

...........NEW COACH.....LOST SENIORS......ME THINKS....SOME BUFFALOES....’MONG.....BIZONSSSSS..IN YOUSE....SIGNING LIST.......IT MAY FINALLY BE OVERAH.....FCS.......................BRAWK!

First Class FCS Ruler whoanellie's Avatar

A lot of coaches being recruited within the conference at both the Head and assistant coaching ranks.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    The caa will receive far fewer bids in 2019. The Citadel will beat towson in Charleston to open the season and then a xouple of weeks later The 'Dogs will THRUST all over elon.
    Why would a small state military school want to start its season with two likely loses before going to GT for a beat down?
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

My Team
    William & Mary

Will be interesting to see the changes with new coaches at:
    W&M
    JMU
    Maine
    Elon

My Team
    Elon

Quote Originally Posted by TribeNomad1 View Post
    Will be interesting to see the changes with new coaches at:
    W&M
    JMU
    Maine
    Elon
    I think Maine got the short end of the stick in this roulette. They had a void in their defensive scheme when both Harisymiak and their DC left, and they should have hired from the outside someone who could preserve their strengths, which are defense and special teams. Harisymiak was a big reason their defense thrived, and losing their DC is going to hurt. They better hope their new DC can pick up where they left off, because their defense was absolutely remarkable and it would be a shame to see that falter. Instead of hiring a defensive guy they hired their OC. I guess they couldn't entice anyone outside of the program with the 150k salary.

Elon on the other hand has preserved their defensive strength by hiring their DC as their new head coach and kept their OC from moving away, which is huge. Folmar, their OC, seemed hindered in playcalling by Cignetti's addiction to running the ball up the middle. Hopefully they'll be able to balance out the offense and be able to play to their strengths: Cheek's arm and outside runs with Thomas's speed.

First Class FCS Ruler CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoidOfYolen View Post
    I think Maine got the short end of the stick in this roulette. They had a void in their defensive scheme when both Harisymiak and their DC left, and they should have hired from the outside someone who could preserve their strengths, which are defense and special teams. Harisymiak was a big reason their defense thrived, and losing their DC is going to hurt. They better hope their new DC can pick up where they left off, because their defense was absolutely remarkable and it would be a shame to see that falter. Instead of hiring a defensive guy they hired their OC. I guess they couldn't entice anyone outside of the program with the 150k salary.

Elon on the other hand has preserved their defensive strength by hiring their DC as their new head coach and kept their OC from moving away, which is huge. Folmar, their OC, seemed hindered in playcalling by Cignetti's addiction to running the ball up the middle. Hopefully they'll be able to balance out the offense and be able to play to their strengths: Cheek's arm and outside runs with Thomas's speed.
    Holy crap holdofYolen, think you have more insight into UMaine than Maine fans have, well you think do. I don't believe our DC was going to be hired as the HC as Hetherman is more suited as a DC than a HC, good for JMU. From what I understand the AD had several conversations with Harasymiak about his inevitable departure and subsequent replacement. They all felt Charlton the OC had the skills to be the HC. I like the fact we have 16 returning players and feel Harasymiak's biggest loss will be in the recruiting end. Joe has a great personality and being a NJ guy he recruiting well from that area, it will be hurt Maine unless Charlton can replace a DC or OC from that neck of the woods or have someone on the staff that can do that. Charlton at 30yrs old the youngest HC in FCS is one sharp guy and thinking he will address these concerns.

FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    Why would a small state military school want to start its season with two likely loses before going to GT for a beat down?
    Did you see GT lay down gently for MN? I wouldn’t worry about that one.

My Team
    Maine

Maine loses assistant D coach Birkett to JMU as well. Is JMU done hiring their f***ing staff yet?

My Team
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Maine loses assistant D coach Birkett to JMU as well. Is JMU done hiring their f***ing staff yet?
    Word is we’re about to hire Bananas the Bear. He’s tired of being paid in banana peels.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Word is we’re about to hire Bananas the Bear. He’s tired of being paid in banana peels.
    Good choice, he's a much better mascot than that goofy dog with the cape and crown you guys currently have.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber