Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 3 2016

AGS World Heavyweight Champion
    My Team
    Bobby Heenan School of Broadcast Journalism

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 3 2016

Week 3 is in the books, although I'm still waiting for a recap of the Northern Iowa/Southern Utah game to be published and Weber State just finished playing, so there is no recap for them yet either, but that doesn't mean you can't get a jump on your homework (just keep an eye on the Weber game).

Speaking of homework, let's try making things a little easier on Ursus this week. For example: Which one of you jabroni's said, "Hey, Tennessee Tech hasn't won a game yet, but they looked really good in their double-digit loss to an unranked team playing just their second year of football last week, so let's give 'em a vote!"

And don't even get me started on those kids with the dart board in the Coaches Poll. Jacksonville State and Richmond are tied at #6... But someone gave Jackson State a #5 in the country vote.

And that's the kind of guy (or gal) you don't want to be. So do everyone a favor and proof-read your ballot before you send it in.

Shout out to Idaho State, they aren't in the poll but knocked off FBS Nevada 30-28. Not campaigning for any votes for them, just want to make sure they are on your radar since that game result wouldn't have shown up on the spreadsheet. Lots of people off this week, so have fun working out the Week 3 Rubik's Cube!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Edit: Yeah, 2017 not 2016. I have no idea why, but I've been doing that for the last 3 weeks. No problem for 9 months, then the summer season ends and I lose all sense of time.
    University of Delaware: Cop Free Since 1743
    Brock Free Since 10-16
    Lunch by invitation only

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Re: AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 3 2016

Quote Originally Posted by superman7515 View Post

And don't even get me started on those kids with the dart board in the Coaches Poll. Jacksonville State and Richmond are tied at #6... But someone gave Jackson State a #5 in the country vote.
    F***ing idiots.

A&T got its 3rd win in a row and beat an FBS team for the second consecutive year.

Our offense looked very good and the defense made key stops against a team that had a much deeper squad.

The Aggies should be creeping towards your prospective top 15.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

I will just encourage everyone to be careful with making sure you have South Dakota and South Dakota State listed where you want them and not get them switched around.

Dewey
    Last edited by dewey; September 16th, 2017 at 11:56 PM.
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

I believe we were 21st. Our offense looked fantastic against Charlotte.

The Aggies should be realistically be somewhere from 12-20, IMHO. The Aggies played Charlotte short-handed on defense with their MEAC First-Team NT and DE out with leg injuries.

Despite that, we had 7 sacks, 10 TFL's and 3 TO's against a FBS squad, holding them to under 200 yards passing.

Personally, I'd rank us around 15.

My Team
    Western Carolina

Any takers on UTC as the most significant loss this week?

Drop UND out. Let them win 4-5 in a row before thinking of inserting them again.

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

Thanks for the word supey cuz I was gonna sort of go off a bit in the voter forum on this absolute lack of give a **** by a few guys in the voter group to even look at the emails they get sent back to them.

I know I spent well over 200 hours putting this all together back when I took AGS over. A decent amount of that time was spent figuring out how to send each and every voter a certification of who they voted for because I was asked by nearly EVERYONE to do so.

Some of you are damn good and actually respond to those emails when you see you've made a mistake. But it really pisses me off that a decent amount of you don't even give them one second of time to look over when they get back to you..."I'll look at it if you tell me to" is basically the word I have gotten from a few of you.

That is complete bull**** my friends. I am here to back you up and try to help you make your ballot as good as it can be...it ain't my god damn job to be the only guy checking your ballot. That is first and foremost your damn job.

DO YOUR JOB.

If I see a mistake, or I can assist you in any way I absolutely will do it A\SAP but I'm getting really fed up with the "I submitted, nothing to worry about now..." attitude. I don't know how I can spend any more time trying to do this fellers. You have got to chip in with your own ballots and the vetting of them once you vote.

Mistakes are gonna be made. Catching and correcting them is of primary importance and that is up to you....not me...you.
    Last edited by ursus arctos horribilis; September 17th, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

One other note. If you vote Sunday after about 5 or 6p and you don't get a ballot returned that is a normal occurence. We run out of quota each and every week and I have to go process them manually Monday moring. If you can't check it because you voted late and quota is gone then you damn well better be watching Monday morning for email.

Additionally, don't pm me, reply to the emails when we have problems and use the pm as a last resort thing if you would.

supey, as always, what you do with this is just flat out indispensable and I can not say "thank you" enough for the effort.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    Drop UND out. Let them win 4-5 in a row before thinking of inserting them again.
    So they stay unranked?