Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Bowl - General Discussion

Re: Legacy Bowl II (Alternate Suggestion)

Quote Originally Posted by DSUrocks07 View Post
    It completely obvious to me that this "Bowl Game" isn't in DSU's best interests...I only hope that our administrators and athletic director realizes this as well. We are a northern school in a "southern football" style conference. It has less to do about the SWAC and how they do business and more to do with how I feel that DSU should do things in regards to being an FCS school in the same state as an FCS powerhouse (UD).
    This is the same DSU that coaches/AD wanted to disavow your legacy by telling recruits you are not an HBCU?
    The ICON that is Grambling
    22 SWAC CHAMPIONSHIPS:08,05,02,01,00,94,89,85,83,80,79,78,77,74,73,72,71 ,68,67,66,65,60.
    14 BCF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS: 08,05,02,01,00,92,83,80,77,75,74,72,67,55

Quote Originally Posted by MACHIAVELLI View Post
    So you want us to leave our moneymaking formats to go to a format that loses money. It seems our format as you say is in line with BCS way. But you haven't addressed the real issue of why the NCAA doesn't let the FCS schools make any real money in the playoffs. Don't think for one minute that if the BCS format money and all was available at the FCS level the playoffs would be a memory.
    That's my biggest reason for opposing as well...First in order to participate, some of our schools would have to change the date of our biggest revenue generating REGULAR season game in order to participate in a Playoff game that makes money for the already MEGA rich NCAA. What does the NCAA do other than collect the money? They don't even spend much advertising dollars on the games.

This is the same DSU that coaches/AD wanted to disavow your legacy by telling recruits you are not an HBCU?
    That's shameful and disappointing!!!!
    Forever and Always... Our Beloved Coach

My Team
    Alabama A&M

link?

AGAIN. All you're doing is making my point for me...I thought you SWAC fans wanted this game, but all you've been doing is giving DSU a reason to NOT participate...so why should we vote for this?

"For the greater good?"

My Team
    Alabama A&M

Quote Originally Posted by mikebigg View Post
    That's shameful and disappointing!!!!

I could easily make incriminating and slanderous statements about Grambling without any facts to back them up...but the difference is that I actually have respect for your history. But if ya'll want to take something and run with it then thats your perogative...

Point of clarification about the NCAA Playoffs.

1. According to the rules, Road teams DOES NOT place bids. Seeded teams DO NOT place bids to host games.

2. The NCAA pay's ALL travel costs for schools to host sites and to the Champ. Game Site.

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ...A_Football.pdf

Wait, so you are saying that outside of the host team's getting a cut into their gate - that everyone (outside of per diem for keeping kids after school closes for the semester) splits even?
    -The Terror-

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    Wait, so you are saying that outside of the host team's getting a cut into their gate - that everyone (outside of per diem for keeping kids after school closes for the semester) splits even?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DSUrocks07 View Post
    Thanks for making my point for me...

What reasons would the DSU administrators go for this plan at all? For $80K? Please...

This is why I am against giving up our AQ for this. We want to compete on a national level. And those six titles in 76 years, as you put it, leads credence to it as well. We don't want those years that we win the conference lead only to a "Heritage Bowl II" appearance...we want those years (if few and far between) to be years where we can step up on the national stage and try win a national championship.

1) Your math is really horrible. How you calculate 80k out of $3.5mil plus % of gate I wouldn't even start to try and figure

2) Dude you avg 4,000 fans game at $5-$15 per, that's $60,375 (on the high side) before expenses, you don't know what $80k even look like.

That's like a homeless person bragging that he refuse food stamps

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastAggie View Post
    Point of clarification about the NCAA Playoffs.

1. According to the rules, Road teams DOES NOT place bids. Seeded teams DO NOT place bids to host games.

2. The NCAA pay's ALL travel costs for schools to host sites and to the Champ. Game Site.

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ...A_Football.pdf
    Why didn't you just simply copy and paste the rule along with its statue/article # instead of a link to pdf book?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Why didn't you just simply copy and paste the rule along with its statue/article # instead of a link to pdf book?

Official Traveling Party

[Reference: Per Diem and Transportation in the Division I General Section.]
    Transportation expenses and a $120 per diem will be provided for each member of the official traveling party. The size of the official traveling party is 130 persons for the firstround, quarterfinal and semifinal contests, and 145 persons for the championship game, including a maximum of 60 student-athletes in uniform for preliminary round games and 70 student-athletes in uniform for the championship game.

(Page 25 of 2009 FCS Football Handbook)

Expense Reimbursement Form. Expense forms with instructions will be available on the NCAA Web site (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=36359). Forms can be mailed to the director of athletics of each competing institution, if they are unable to be
    accessed via the Web site. Please contact the travel department at the national office (317/917-6222; e-mail: [email protected]) to receive hard copies of the form. Completed forms http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ...A_Football.pdf

(page 10 of 2009 FCS Football Handbook)

Here is a link to the document that explicitly expresses NCAA Post-Season Per-Diem & Travel Policies

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...38bd9565dafefc

BIDDING FOR THE PLAYOFF GAMES

Beginning in late October, Championship information and forms are mailed from NCAA national office to prospective championship participants. The deadline for submitting the completed package is two weeks later.

Most crucial for teams that want to host games is the proposed budget because once the four seeded teams are selected, the host site selection criteria is examined.

With regard to first-round, quarterfinal and semifinal host sites, the committee considers the minimum financial guarantees, 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:

First round $30,000
    Quarterfinal $40,000
    Semifinal $50,000

Then if the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top four seeded teams.

Once the game is played, the guarantee is paid to the NCAA from the gross receipts (minus the schools budgeted and unbudgeted expenses) along with 75% of the remainder. The NCAA uses the capital to pay for running the championship, travel, etc.

A financial report from each championship site must be submitted online to the NCAA not later than 60 days after the competition.

When determining host sites for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, the committee decides the location based on quality of facility, revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, attendance history and potential, team’s performance (e.g., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), student-athlete well-being (travel, missed class time, etc.), and previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution.

If a quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not bid on by the schools involved, the committee will contact the schools and give them the chance to submit a bid. If neither is willing to submit a proposed budget at the current level, the previous round’s minimum financial guarantee will be offered. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site selection criteria in NCAA Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...nship-w?blog=5