Several things of note. First off, UND and North Dakota St have no plans at playing each other on the gridiron and secondly, North Dakota has stated that they're going to be rolling out their findings on a move to Div I, which could perhaps lead to several interesting conference expansion discussions and a return of the UND/NDSU rivalry...

UND, NDSU unlikely to renew football rivalry anytime soon
Associated Press

FARGO, N.D. - The University of North Dakota football team is playing an NCAA Division I-AA opponent next season, but it's not former archrival North Dakota State.

The Fighting Sioux, who play in Division II, have scheduled a game with I-AA Northern Iowa.

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said his counterpart at UND, Tom Buning, approached the Bison about playing a game on Oct. 21. NDSU declined and instead scheduled a game with I-A Minnesota.

UND and NDSU have not played since the Bison moved from Division II to Division I-AA after the 2003 season. Taylor said the schools are unlikely to play in the next few years.

"We've got so many things going on," he said. "Right now we just don't have the time, between trying to find a conference and filling out our schedules. That is something that is going to take a lot of discussion."

Buning said UND will keep asking. "And when the time is right we would love to renew the rivalry with NDSU," he said.

The Oct. 21 date remains open on UND's schedule.

UND recently completed a study of Division I reclassification and is expected to release its findings next week.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandf...s/14502765.htm