DRAFT 2006 PROSPECT CB (#4) DAVID PITTMAN, NORTHWESTERN STATE, 5110 172lbs, 4.42

Scouting Notes: A speedy and smooth corner… track star so he shows great speed… very athletic… has a nose for the ball… during his redshirt year he had minor knee surgery on left knee but did not miss any games… has gained 12 pounds but will more than likely play around 180 pounds in 2005… very smart and well spoken young man… a pleasure to talk to… a Christian who actually grew up as a Baptist and still is… shows the head and athletic ability to be a big riser on draft boards… could end up in the 3rd or 4th round

2005 Preseason: I-AA.org Preseason Southland Defensive Player of the Year… I-AA.org 2nd rated prospect in I-AA and top rated prospect in the SLC

2004: All-SLC First Team… missed 3 games due to a dislocated right elbow… led the Demons and the SLC with 5 interceptions and had 9 pass breakups while making 30 tackles as the Purple Swarm's primary cover cornerback… did not play against UL, OPSU, and Nicholls State… had 7 hits, one for loss, and 2 interceptions against Jacksonville State… logged 5 hits against Appalachian State… had 2 interceptions and 5 hits against Stephen F. Austin…

2003: All-SLC Second Team… Led the Demons with 4 interceptions, returning them for 118 yards, including a 69-yard TD on the final play of the first half against Southeastern Louisiana ... that was one of a I-AA record 4 interception returns for TDs by the Demons against SLU in a bizarre 87-27 blowout ... he later scored another TD on a 62-yard return of a blocked third-quarter field goal ... 55 tackles ranked sixth on the team ... 2 fumble recoveries ... had a leaping interception at Tulane ... 6 hits vs. Delaware State in near-shutout win ... 8 hits, 2 pass breakups in victory at Division I-A Louisiana-Monroe ... 5 hits, one forced fumble and a recovery at Northern Iowa ... blocked a punt vs. Oklahoma Panhandle ... had an interception at Texas State in a 49-19 rout ... 5 hits, a blocked field goal and an interception at Sam Houston State ... 5 hits at McNeese State ... 7 hits, 1 QB hurry, 1 pass breakup vs. Stephen F. Austin. Third on the team with 7 pass breakups as teams began throwing away from him, limiting his opportunities.

2002: Had a 41-yard interception return for a touchdown and 6 pass breakups in his rookie season ... got his TD against SW Texas to open a 23-7 lead in a 40-27 win ... 4 tackles vs. Elon in 47-20 win ... 4 hits in win at Nicholls State ... graded well throughout season.

2001: Redshirted.

Track and Field: ... at the 2004 SLC Indoors, Pittman was third in the 200 meter dash (22.02), fifth in the 60 meter dash (7.00) and ran the second leg on the Demons' third-place 4x400 relay team, whose 3:19.16 time was less than a second off the winning mark ... redshirted due to an injury in the 2004 outdoor season. Part of the school-record 4x400 meter relay team that advanced to the semifinals in the 2003 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships ... part of the SLC Indoor Champion 4x400 relay unit in 2003... Scored in three events to help NSU win the conference title...eighth in the 100 meter dash (10.77), ran third leg on third-place 4x100m relay team (40.67) and third leg on title-clinching 4x400m relay team that finished fourth, giving Demons a slim winning margin in the meet.

High School: Pittman was an All-District selection at Lutcher High School.

Personal: Born on October 14, 1983 in Lutcher, Louisiana… son of David and Denise Pittman… 1 brother and 1 sister… majoring in business.