The first member of the Cornell football team since 1997 when current Houston Texan, former Jacksonville Jaguar Seth Payne was selected in the fourth round. Chad Levitt, a running back, was also selected that same year, in the fourth round. Boothe is high up on the draft boards and being a tackle, I don't think it'll be hard for teams to let him fall too far...

NFL bound: Star CU lineman Kevin Boothe to be drafted this weekend

By CHRISTOPHER FEAVER
Journal Staff

ITHACA — Kevin Boothe is slacking off.

While other recent Cornell graduates have begun their new careers or are in graduate school, Boothe is unemployed and living with his parents, who own a bakery in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

But this weekend, things will change.

Sometime today or early tomorrow, a National Football League team will scribble down his name, it will be read on national television on ESPN, and Boothe's professional football career will begin.

“Playing in the NFL, I've always dreamed of that,” said the 6-foot-5, 315-pound Boothe, who was a four-time All-Ivy League performer as an offensive tackle and guard with the Big Red and a first-team Division I-AA All-American last season. “This is what I love to do. I love football.”

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps...604290311/1002