This is big news out of Hammond, LA. Frank Pergolizzi was a major hire for SELA as he brought them back football for the first time in nearly 20 years.

He really turned around that athletic department during his tenure including SELA's first trip to the NCAA Div I basketball tournament. They also for the first time hosted numerous SLC championships. Best of luck to an AD who brought SELA on the football map. He'll be missed in Hammond and in the SLC for sure...

PERGOLIZZI TO STEP ASIDE AS SOUTHEASTERN AD, TO SERVE IN ADVISORY CAPACITY
Posted by dvolz on March 15, 2006, 4:14 pm.

Frank Pergolizzi, who has served as athletics director at Southeastern Louisiana University since June of 2000, announced that he is relinquishing his position at the university effective today in order to pursue other professional opportunities.

“After almost six years at Southeastern it is time for me to explore new opportunities in intercollegiate athletics or the private sector,” explained Pergolizzi. “It has also become increasingly important for my wife and I to relocate closer to our families.

“I am proud of everything we have accomplished during my time at Southeastern and am grateful to all the coaches, staff and student-athletes who have worked hard to help our programs improve. I will definitely miss all of them,” he added.

http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/general/2198