I-AA games got two minutes longer this past season. Will they continue to get longer or will these new NCAA rule changes help speed up the process? Not really sure what will happen.

What factors do you think are making the games longer from year to year? What further do you think the NCAA can do?
-----------

College football in need of speed
By RON MORRIS
Columnist

LET ME FIRST admit that addressing the issue of college football games lasting longer than “Gone With the Wind” is purely selfish. On two counts.

First, it is becoming increasingly difficult to meet deadlines when night college football games end sometime around breakfast the next morning. And, second, few college football games keep my interest for more than three hours.

The subject comes to mind only because the NCAA Football Rules Committee recently took a few baby steps toward trimming the length of college games. The rules changes are mere window dressing, but at least the committee has recognized there might be a problem.

NCAA Division I-AA regular-season games averaged 3 hours, 21 minutes in 2005, an increase of two minutes over the previous season.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate...s/14495387.htm