Thought I had started a thread about this situation earlier, but evidently not - this is definitely something that we should keep on our radar as far as the SLC is concerned...

Abilene Christian University's consideration of a move to NCAA Division I isn't new information for most Wildcats fans in the Big Country.

ACU officials have talked openly in the past year about the possibility of leaving their home in the Division II Lone Star Conference for the chance to play in Division I. The football team would play in the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA), while all the other sports would be Division I.

The topic came up again this week, when ACU President Phil Schubert spoke about his university at a meeting of the Abilene Kiwanis Club.

Schubert told the Reporter-News on Thursday that his school has been looking at the possibly making such a move since last summer and he and his staff have spent quite an amount of time researching the topic with officials from the Division I Southland Conference, the NCAA and other universities that have changed divisions in recent years.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...u-but-has-its/