My DVR quit recording for some reason a little after halftime. I would love to be able to look at that 4th down play again to see if I'd still think, as I did while watching the play, that the guy was short of the first down. I tried Youtube and couldn't find anything.

Not that big a deal to me since I'm not a fan of either school but I'd still like to see that again. To me it's just another reminder of luck playing a role in football. Who won the national championship basically depended on where the officials spotted the ball as well as where they put the chains when they tried to move them back to where they were.

The officials are something neither team can control. I think they typically do a good job but a call here that might not have been made, a call not made there that might have been made, a spot of the ball, etc., can make a huge difference in a close football game.

The way I look at it if you're not good enough to win a national championship luck's not going to help you. But I'm one who believes that the overwhelming majority of national champions have had some luck somewhere along the way.