Quote Originally Posted by aust42 View Post
0-4 WKU fans are probably psyched that their done with their OOC schedule and can start playing the "former" second tier 1AA schools in their conference again. The Sunbelch is 3-18 against OOC opponents this year and have a few more OOC slaughters to go. Not one team is currently above .500 in that putrid conference. The Sunbelch should be forced to move back down to 1AA where they belong.
If I am not mistaken most Sun Belt teams were consistent good playoff FCS teams and a few have NC's, far from second tier. I think the poor manner in which most moved up has held them back more than anything. Some have not posted great results but many are building facilities and growing in ways not possible in the FCS despite on field results. I don't think their is hope for some but others I can see improving greatly same in any conference, the Sun Belt just happens to be the youngest conference (2001) with the youngest FBS teams. I know FAU is building an impressive stadium which would never would have happened in the FCS. Regardless of how Sun Belt or any former FCS teams fair I will never understand the hate, envy, contempt and or jealousy of programs that basically are just trying to reach their highest potential. I think many should not have jumped but you do not grow by maintaining the status quo. I for one wish any team that takes such a huge risk nothing but luck and success.