#1. Off with the heads of all those schools and conferences willing to go to the Division I Basketball Tournament with its fat check and TV appearance but can't pull the players away from the books to go to the break-even (or lose money if irresponsible) first round games not nationally televised I-AA playoffs.
-Ok maybe not off with their heads but how about taking away their auto bids in other sports so those athletes are treated fairly and not pulled from class.

#2. Off with the heads of every idgit who says Division I meaning I-A and Division II meaning I-AA and makes any reference to I-A basketball or being I-AA in any other sport.
-Ok maybe not off with their heads... let's just take away their computers, microphones or their phones if they call into a sports show and say that.

#3. Let's stretch out the playoffs. Not more teams, but it'd be nice to start a week later. As a student it created havoc. The dorms are closed at many places and I knew a lot of students who just couldn't get back and if they could they had to go through a ton of hoops to be able to get in the dorms. I was lucky. My in-laws and my brother's in-laws celebrated Thanksgiving on Thursday and my family on Saturday. When we were in playoffs we had a Thanksgiving tailgate. The change might also create some TV opportunities for regular season games on Thanksgiving Day, Friday and Saturday.

Even more critical, to the game is a bye week between the semis and the championship. You win on Saturday and depending on where you live you then get to work on Monday and tell the boss you have to have Friday off or Thursday and Friday off to go. Yeah you could work that out before winning your semi but we all know that's bad ju-ju. An extra week would make it easier to get more fans to travel to the title game. It's a special event and it could be more fan friendly. Obviously its not feasible to make it so fans can book 21 day advance air fare but it could be more travel friendly.

#4. The current divisional structure stinks. You know a I-A offers as many as 85 ships and has to have a 2 year average of at least 76.5. You know Division III have between zero and none. But Division II and I-AA could be any place between the max and zero.

I see three solutions.
SOLUTION 1.
Create I-AAA or Division IV or whatever and make it for open for programs that are sub-25 or so equivalencies regardless of where they play other sports.
SOLUTION 2.
Drop the numbers in football Division and don't tie it to other sport classification. A, B, C, D or AAAA, AAA, AA, A or High, Medium, Low, None or whatever. One group use the current I-A criteria, next group 65 to 50 equivalents, next 45 to 25, next zero.
SOLUTION 3.
Tell Division III and to a lesser degree Division II to get it over it and go back to letting the non-scholie II's and I-AA's play in Division III football and the lower scholarship I-AA's play in Division II.

Dem's my two cents don't spend them in one place.