I think he will be the real deal, he actually has a pretty good TE and WR (JJ Hayes) to throw to. The other receivers have talent but they aren't as physically imposing as those two. So he will have so weapons. We called about two passes for every one run, (which our OC said wasn't indicative of how we will play at McNeese) so the run game will be a big question mark to me, and it looks like it wont be resolved in front of me since the next scrimmage is probably going to be closed to the public. If they can give Andre a good running game and the O line does its job which they did for most of the night at the scrimmage, then people will really be impressed with him.

He only played QB his senior year of HS, I bet he would have went straight to an FCS or maybe sat the bench at an FBS school if there was more tape on the kid, and more experience. Needless to say I like him. It's good that in one of the most critical positions we already have a strong front runner for the #1 spot. The weakness seems to be the secondary, special teams, and the O line looked a bit shaky at the beginning of the scrimmage but I think it was the fact that this was the first scrimmage since fall that had them wobbly.