Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone collect their team? (Scan heavy)

First Class FCS Advocate

Anyone collect their team? (Scan heavy)

The season is still a few months away so I figured now would be the perfect time to share this and to see if anyone here does something similar. My ultimate (and unreachable) goal is to get 1 program and 1 ticket stub from every year of Colgate Football, 1890-present. Right now I have programs from 63/120 years and ticket stubs from 45/120 years, the oldest of each being from 1905. The period from 1890-1920 has proved to be pretty much impossible, with the exception of one game in 1905 that I have found both a ticket and program for. The more recent decades are proving to be equally as hard to find ticket stubs for, but it's all in the hunt. Here are some of the more unique items I have been able to acquire (with some of the more recent ones being my own personal tickets and programs). Would enjoy seeing other collections as it seems that there is not much of a home base for College team collecting...

(The full collection can be seen here.)

And of course...

AGS FCS Champion

Re: Anyone collect their team? (Scan heavy)

This is sweet stuff. You're a Raider's treasure!
    Go Tribe!

On my UMass Football Blog, in the sidebar, I have a link to 123 scans of UMass football game programs and game programs from UMass away games.

The series runs from 1973 to 1986. I add another year every couple of months.

The 1986 series has scans from Boston University's program and shows the BU starters as well as the UMass players. Lots of material for FCS historians. Away games from Harvard, Boston College, nearly all the Yankee/A10/CAA teams are represented.

Picassa has a little tiny magnifying glass symbol on the page, which when clicked, shows a much larger view so all the printed material is readable.

My Team
    Colgate

OUTSTANDING!!!!

First Class FCS Ruler colorless raider's Avatar

Fantastic! Gate63. I am envious.

First Class FCS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Umass74 View Post
    On my UMass Football Blog, in the sidebar, I have a link to 123 scans of UMass football game programs and game programs from UMass away games.

The series runs from 1973 to 1986. I add another year every couple of months.

The 1986 series has scans from Boston University's program and shows the BU starters as well as the UMass players. Lots of material for FCS historians. Away games from Harvard, Boston College, nearly all the Yankee/A10/CAA teams are represented.

Picassa has a little tiny magnifying glass symbol on the page, which when clicked, shows a much larger view so all the printed material is readable.
    Awesome, I love the progression of the Coke advertisements on the roster pages as you scroll down.

Thanks for the other comments as well.

Ryan

I've got some UMass-Colgate programs too. It will probably be awhile until I get into late '90's and early '00's .

GR63

I have started a collection of Lehigh Programs. My primary focus is Lehigh/Lafayette games of which I have 52 programs with the earliest being 1902. I have something football related for 75 different years.

More recent Lehigh/Lafayette programs that I am looking for are 1996, 1992, 1990, 1987, 1986. PM me if you have any/extra that you would like to unload.

I will have to look at putting scans of the covers up somewhere.

Lehigh/Colgate that I have in my collection are 1960, 1962, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1992, 1994, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. Let me know if any of those are a need for you.

E91

gate63 some nice stuff there. Love the rings
    "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE WORLD COMING TO AN END IT'S ALREADY TOMORROW IN AUSTRALIA"

I was surprised at the cost of the 1932 Colgate-Brown ticket: $2.75, a lot of money for 1932. A 1932 World Series ticket was on one of the auction sites and its face was just $1.10.