I wouldn't think more than the top 10 of DII could compete with the top 25 in IAA - mind you, not over a whole season, but in just one game. The whole season is too much of a grind with the limited scholarships to win consistently. But in just one game, certainly they can compete. The problem you'll have, though, is that there are very few games between the top of DII and the top of DIAA - Lock Haven's and Cheyney's represent some of the worst of DII (Cheyney may very well be the worst) but you see very few matchups including the Pittsburgh States, the North Alabama's of DII. I know Pittsburgh St was 1-1 in the 90's against IAA teams, losing a close game to E. Illinois (playoff team that year) and beating SW MS St the next year. There was a game played in the '90's between Youngstown (may have been #1 or at least top 5) and the top ranked team in DII, had Youngstown winning 10-9. There's the Montana loss a few years back to NDSU (DII at the time and not even the best team in DII). Like I said, in just a one game format, the top 10 of DII could be extremely competitve even against the top 25 in IAA.