Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

What other programs are on the chopping block?

My true condolences to Northeastern and Hofstra. It is a terrible feeling to hear that your alma mater is going to cut the football program. Prepare to lose traditional students to in state rivals while watching your overall traditional student base decline.

Anyways, I was curious what other colleges we may be looking at in the future. URI and Georgetown got to be up there somewhere.

Re: What other programs are on the chopping block?

Hofstra said they want to expand internationally. How many asians, arabs and europeans will fill the stadium for american football? I don't think Hofstra really cares if a NY student chooses another in-state school because it has football.
    Sac State: Home of seven Super Bowl/Grey Cup championship rings.

www.sacbuzz.com

idaho state?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockerman View Post
    My true condolences to Northeastern and Hofstra. It is a terrible feeling to hear that your alma mater is going to cut the football program. Prepare to lose traditional students to in state rivals while watching your overall traditional student base decline.

Anyways, I was curious what other colleges we may be looking at in the future. URI and Georgetown got to be up there somewhere.
    why would URI and GU "got to be" up there?? are you specualting just because of their records?? Losing records don't cause the eliminaton of programs, or are you aware of other factors in those 2 programs??

First Class FCS Ruler Eight Legger's Avatar

Georgetown has a terrible facility and no fans. There are two reasons for you.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CFBfan View Post
    why would URI and GU "got to be" up there?? are you specualting just because of their records?? Losing records don't cause the eliminaton of programs, or are you aware of other factors in those 2 programs??
    The alarming thing about Georgetown is they're doing nothing to fix their situation. They haven't fired their coach and they've made no progress in updating their facilities. The fact that the coach has remained is the most curious of all imo. The program has hit rock bottom, shows no signs of life yet the course looks to continue. What's the point?
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

Quote Originally Posted by argh! View Post
    idaho state?
    And NAU.
    http://oilnexus.com
    25,000 mile oil changes. Engine warranty. Eliminate sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockerman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    The alarming thing about Georgetown is they're doing nothing to fix their situation......they've made no progress in updating their facilities.
    didn't they just increase their seating from 2,800 to 3,400?
    1-AA is tops!!

Master FCS Advocate art vandelay's Avatar

URI isnt going anywhere. they just built up their stadium and their president has comitted to getting the program top notch. really the maine reason they were so bad this year probly had to do with the sudden coaching change. If you look at their roster they are on the rite track.