I did some looking using the most recent GPI (and Sagarin to a lessor extent) and review of each team's schedule to date. My analysis is only of I-AA games (not I-A or lower level games) to date.

Montana has played (and beaten) 4 I-AA teams ranked in the top 25 of the GPI: NAU (15), Cal Poly (17), EWU (22) and Davis (23). UM has also played Portland St.

Delaware has played 3 top 25 I-AA teams: Richmond (1), W&M (5) and UMass (11). They have also played Maine, Del. St. and Towson.

No other top 25 team has yet played more than 2 top 25 I-AA teams. 10 schools have played 2 top 25 I-AA teams: Richmond, Villlan., W&M, UNH, UMass, SFA, Cal Poly, McNeese, EWU and Liberty.

Looking at Sagarin, in the strength of schedule column (I didn't look for this in the GPI only because I didn't see where it was, or how to get it), the toughest schedules of the top teams in Sagarin are (starting with toughest): Davis, Cal Poly, Mont. St., NAU, SFA, Del., W&M, No Dak, EWU, and Montana. I realize that I'm not apples to apples on all of this, as the Sagarin is not the GPI, I used the Sagarin top teams not the GPI for SOS (only because it was easier to do), I stopped looking after I got to Montana, and Sagarin includes I-A games.

A honorable mention goes to JMU. While not in the top 25 GPI, I noticed that they have played 3 top 25 teams: Richmond, Villan and Liberty.

Notably, Jacksonville St., Elon, and So. Car. St. have not played a top 25 team.

The I-AA SOS will change as the season progresses. While Montana is yet to play Weber and Mont. St. (not in the GPI top 25, but in the Sagarin top 25), the Colonial schools will play more games against each other (and increase their SOS).

I did this fairly quickly, so feel free to point out glitches.