Today I was browsing the FCS playoff results and noticed a couple of somewhat interesting trends in Montana's playoff results that might be old news to Montana fans, but could be interesting to others.

(All stats since 1978 unless otherwise indicated):

1. Montana is 24-6 in home playoff games.

2. Montana is 1-7 in away playoff games (This does not include neutral-site championship games, in which they are 2-4). Their first road victory came against James Madison last year.

3. During Montana's current 16-year playoff streak, they've had home field advantage in the first round 14 out of those 16 years. During that span they went 9-5 at home and 0-2 on the road. They haven't had been outside of Montana in the 1st round since 1998.

4. Montana is 15-1 in quarterfinal and semifinal games at home. The only loss was to UMass in 2006. They are 1-4 in quarterfinal and semifinal games on the road.

Apologies if the stats are off by a game or two, but I'm pretty sure they are correct.

Maybe someone who is even more bored than I can figure out how all other home teams have fared in the playoffs.