Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Sky Predictions 10-10

AGS FCS Expert

Big Sky Predictions 10-10

Yeah, so I know this is late. Tough games this weekend means I had to put in some extra thought (or I did not like the first throws at the dartboard). Currently I am at 27-3 after splitting the four conference games last week. Here are the predictions for this weekend. All are totally my opinion and I am sure all will create good discussion. Here they are...

ISU @ Sac State---The Hornets got a big boost last week as they virtually dominated Portland State on the road. The Bengals were not as lucky as they looked typical at home against Eastern Washington. Even before last week, this game was pretty easy to call, last week just reinforced it...Sac State 28, ISU 10.

Cal Poly @ UM---The Grizzlies are coming off a bye week, yet they go out of conference to welcome the Great West power Cal Poly. Maybe the Grizzlies needed an extra week to shake off the effects of the close win at Northern Arizona. Even so, this game will not be an easy one...UM 35, Cal Poly 21.

NAU @ MSU---How good is the Bobcat defense. Good enough to win ball games as last week at Weber State showed. The simple object is hold the opponent down long enough to get the win. This week, though, the high powered Jack offense comes to town, an offense that has not been held down. Then again, the Jacks have not faced the Bobcats until now...MSU 20, NAU 16.

PSU @ UNC---A complete reversal from how the year was going for both teams last week. For the Vikings, a complete meltdown at home against Sacramento State after taking Weber State to the wire the week before. For the Bears, an actual chance to upset Northern Arizona on the road after looking terrible against Montana State at home. Who shows up here?...PSU 16, UNC 14.

WSU @ EWU---The Wildcats seem to enjoy playing a game of cat and mouse with their opponents this year, as evidenced by last week's game with Montana State. A final chance to get the win was snuffed out at the feet of the ferocious Bobcat defense. While all that was happening, the Eagles were once again getting their usual win of the year against Idaho State. First strong test for the Eagles, but the Wildcats are battle-tested...WSU 38, EWU 30.

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-10

Quote Originally Posted by JALMOND View Post
    Yeah, so I know this is late. Tough games this weekend means I had to put in some extra thought (or I did not like the first throws at the dartboard). Currently I am at 27-3 after splitting the four conference games last week. Here are the predictions for this weekend. All are totally my opinion and I am sure all will create good discussion. Here they are...

ISU @ Sac State---The Hornets got a big boost last week as they virtually dominated Portland State on the road. The Bengals were not as lucky as they looked typical at home against Eastern Washington. Even before last week, this game was pretty easy to call, last week just reinforced it...Sac State 28, ISU 10.

Cal Poly @ UM---The Grizzlies are coming off a bye week, yet they go out of conference to welcome the Great West power Cal Poly. Maybe the Grizzlies needed an extra week to shake off the effects of the close win at Northern Arizona. Even so, this game will not be an easy one...UM 35, Cal Poly 21.

NAU @ MSU---How good is the Bobcat defense. Good enough to win ball games as last week at Weber State showed. The simple object is hold the opponent down long enough to get the win. This week, though, the high powered Jack offense comes to town, an offense that has not been held down. Then again, the Jacks have not faced the Bobcats until now...MSU 20, NAU 16.

PSU @ UNC---A complete reversal from how the year was going for both teams last week. For the Vikings, a complete meltdown at home against Sacramento State after taking Weber State to the wire the week before. For the Bears, an actual chance to upset Northern Arizona on the road after looking terrible against Montana State at home. Who shows up here?...PSU 16, UNC 14.

WSU @ EWU---The Wildcats seem to enjoy playing a game of cat and mouse with their opponents this year, as evidenced by last week's game with Montana State. A final chance to get the win was snuffed out at the feet of the ferocious Bobcat defense. While all that was happening, the Eagles were once again getting their usual win of the year against Idaho State. First strong test for the Eagles, but the Wildcats are battle-tested...WSU 38, EWU 30.
    Sac State is going to walk all over ISU - 28-7
    UM is playing really well and I think that Cal Poly is overrated at this point. UM 38-Poly 7.
    PSU @ UNC - UNC wins 28-24. but game could go either way
    WSU @ EWU - Eastern proves that they will crush a lot of playoff dreams this year since theirs are done as well. EWU 42-WSU 35

NAU @ MSU - NAU can pass on anyone. Both UM and UNC have very good corners and NAU torched them both. I don't see NAU turning the ball over 4 times. NAU wins 35-24 at MSU as the Cats offense has trouble getting on track and keeping up with Lumberjacks.
    Last edited by bpcats; October 8th, 2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: highlighting

Quote Originally Posted by bpcats View Post
    Sac State is going to walk all over ISU - 28-7
    UM is playing really well and I think that Cal Poly is overrated at this point. UM 38-Poly 7.
    PSU @ UNC - UNC wins 28-24. but game could go either way
    WSU @ EWU - Eastern proves that they will crush a lot of playoff dreams this year since theirs are done as well. EWU 42-WSU 35

NAU @ MSU - NAU can pass on anyone. Both UM and UNC have very good corners and NAU torched them both. I don't see NAU turning the ball over 4 times. NAU wins 35-24 at MSU as the Cats offense has trouble getting on track and keeping up with Lumberjacks.
    Cal Poly may or may not be overrated, but at least the Griz have enough balls to play us. How about the cats? After 7 straight losses to the Mustangs the Cats AD stopped answering his phone when our AD calls. What do you say, you ready to play an overrated Cal Poly team next year? I know we are looking for games.

I'll go with UNC over PSU. It's homecoming, the weather is supposed to be horrible and no one will be there to watch.

Sac State 24, ISU 6 – the woes for the Bengals continue and Sac State builds off last week.

UM 42, Cal Poly17 – I think the Griz are battle tested now as they pulled out that OT win against NAU, they had an extra week to get healthy and prepare for Poly which is dangerous.

NAU 38, MSU 31 – it seems like the key to this game will be which strength for each team will show up. That tough bobcat D vs the explosive jacks O. Which ever one sways the momentum wins.

UNC 20, PSU 13 – The bears looked hungry last week against the jacks and showed that they have a lot of fight in them.

WSU 28, EWU21 – Weber gets back on track and rebounds after a tough loss.

It is going to be 24 degrees and windy in Bozeman. I think that plays in the favor of the Cats.

MSU-21

nau-10

The best thing to happen to PSU would be to lose the remaining games and get rid of the "JG" experiment once and for all. PSU's demise the last 3 years has been painful to watch and the excuse of "they were not my recruits until this year" is weak at best.

Man oh man, I can't believe everyone who thinks we are gonna blow out Cal Poly -- I mean, I hope we do, but, I give them alot of respect, especially since Walsh is the coach and knows the Griz in n out from coaching against them at PSU. This game probably isn't decided until the 4th quarter, I hope the Griz win by 10.

Major FCS Ruler GrizFanStuckInUtah's Avatar

I'll bold who I think will win, my scores predictions have sucked lately, so I give up on that for a bit
    ISU @ Sac State

Cal Poly @ UM

NAU @ MSU

PSU @ UNC

WSU @ EWU

I am going with one road win and I think the griz vs cp game is going to be close but I gotta give the nod to my griz. I think the NAU vs MSU game could go either way really, so the home team got my vote. I hope to watch as good of a game this week as I watched last week(msu vs wsu) with the griz getting the W
    -Go Griz!
    -Class of '97
    -Thank you to all our Veterans.

I'll take-

UM over Cal Poly 24-17
    MSU over NAU 21-14
    SAC over ISU 38-21
    UNC over PSU 17-10
    EWU over Weber 27-21
    2010 NCAA FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS