Here we head in to the first weekend of October, time when the weather gets a little crisp. This week the Grizzlies are taking the week off, but everyone else is involved. Four conference games on the slate. Currently I am sitting at 25-1, but the games are starting to get tough. Here are my predictions. All are my predictions and all are open to discussion.

EWU @ ISU---The Eagles jumped out to a sizable lead against Sacramento State last week and coasted from there. The Bengals came out on the short end in their home opener last week against DII Central Washington. The Bengals have had a tough go so far this year while the Eagles have not done anything good or bad so far. Just as expected...EWU 34, ISU 17.

MSU @ WSU---The Bobcats defense showed some signs of life last week against Northern Colorado, and the offense did just enough. The Wildcats showed enough on both offense and defense to eke out a win at Portland State. The Wildcats have been really consistent on both sides, the Bobcats are still trying to get some life from the offense...WSU 30, MSU 10.

UNC @ NAU---The Jacks impressed a lot of people after taking Montana to overtime last week, while the Bears have shocked a lot of people with their lack of offensive productivity in their last two games. The Jacks defense has not held anyone under 34 points so far this year, but then again, they have not played anyone as offensively inept as the Bears...NAU 27, UNC 7.

Sac State @ PSU---Interesting game as the Hornets found themselves a bit behind Eastern Washington, then played them even in the second half. The Vikings rallied against Weber State to take the lead late, only to watch the Wildcats recover at the end of the game. Both offenses looked good, but what about the defenses?...PSU 52, Sac State 42.