Get your picks in now before SLC Media Days (July 29th) later this week! What is your predicted order of finish this year for the Southland Conference and which two players do you see emerging as the players of the year on both sides of the ball?

TT's Predicted Order of Finish:
1. Texas State-San Marcos
2. McNeese State
3. Central Arkansas
4. Sam Houston State
5. Northwestern State
6. Southeastern Louisiana
7. Stephen F Austin
8. Nicholls State

Players of the Year
Offense: RB Toddrick Pendland, McNeese State, Sr
Defense: DL Larry Hart, Central Arkansas, Sr.

TT's Thoughts...

Probably have Southeastern La. and Sam Houston State flip-flopped from where they should be in the final SLC standings. I think most people you ask will have TXST, McN and UCA in some form or fashion at the top of their predicted order of finish. After that, it is not so clear.

We do not need to go on about them too much. The big questions.

TXST - will George be consistent and what will not having Cameron Luke mean? Does this mean a guy like Mishak Rivas emerge?

McN - can the Pokes win the big games this year (particularly Nov. 14 in San Marcos) and not have some unexpected hiccup?

UCA - no Brown, strongest defense in the league by some estimations. What's Conque do to change the face of the offense and who is the top signal-caller?

SLU seems to be in position to "party crash", but have yet to truly shed the darkhorse label they have yearly. With that being said, I really hope the Lions contend for the SLC title this year. It'd be a great thing to see Babin and Co. get in position to do something. Lucas is a well respected coach and such a run would probably shed more like on the most under-rated player in the league - Newbill.

There's still questions at SHSU in terms of if Blake Joseph is coming and for the time being, I'll assume he is. I do figure the the SLC coaches will vote SHSU as the #7 team (ahead of Nicholls).

With our friends in Natchitoches, new coach. Comes in with rave reviews, as does the new OC, who they brought in from UCA. Their QB situation is interesting with the Louisville transfer (Wolfe) there along with the former ULL signal-caller (Hundley). They are truly the 'wild card' team out there this year. Could make an appearance in the top three, could bomb out. The Demons have high expectations despite everything - perhaps another "top ranked" recruiting class next February will provide the boost they need to compete yearly.

If Jeremy Moses can keep his TDs up and somehow not manage to throw as many INTs, SFA could really make things interesting. However, hard to imagine it without two entities at WR. Edison is gone. Brooks is still there. I do like their defense of Knicky and Williams.