Sent: Mon 5/4/2009 4:38 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Lardarius Webb

- Hide quoted text -
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,2260835.story

I know I am a week late on this, but the article published April 27th about Lardarius Webb repeatedly says he did not come from a Division I school. This is false. Nicholls State is a Division I institution. It plays Division I in all sports. In football it plays Division I on the Playoff Subdivision also known as FCS. The difference between FBS and FCS is 85 scholarships as opposed to 63 scholarships, which the latter is what is offered at NSU.

Schools that are NOT Division I, like Division II and Division III offer 35 and no scholarships. (And there's also the NAIA with scholarship offering institutions).

I can understand a typo, but for a sports writer in BALTIMORE with a QUARTERBACK from an FCS level school (You know, Flacco) to make that mistake multiple times in the same article is just poor journalism.

Signed,

Hood

Proud graduate of Nicholls State University

Response I get:

from Hensley, Jamison <[email protected]>

Greg Hood
date Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:43 AM
subject RE: Lardarius Webb

I know the difference. It's just a different name for Division I-AA. It's not Division I football, believe me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I was maybe a little harsh with the "poor journalism" jab.

If I hit reply right now, it'll be all anger, so I'm venting to my AGS brethren. "I know the difference." "It's not division I football believe me."

9 freaking years, every single home game, multiple away games, 2 victories over Division I schools and you're going to tell me I've NOT been watching D-I games?

What an arrogant jerk.

I ought to call him a tabloid writer on par with Weekly World News. They're both newspapers.

I'm open to some diplomatic responses. I'm particularly interested in hearing from some Hen fans and Baltimore area people.