Quote Originally Posted by JohnStOnge View Post
Whenever I see a statement like that I have to mention that, when you adjust for demographics, Louisiana is more a "middle of the pack" state nationally than a "bottom of the barrell" state. I'm talking about in terms of standardized test scores. You have to realize that Louisiana is a State that is about 32 percent Black and has about 19 percent of it's people below the poverty level. I've looked at it before and, if you were to adjust national NAEP test scores to reflect the Demographics of Louisiana, you'd get an average right in line with what Louisiana students achieve. The educational system, per se, does not do a bad job given the population it has to deal with.
Stop making excuses JSO. TT was on point w/ his statement and it's not the 1st or the last time we've heard that type commentary from people who are not "native" to your home state. Your commentary alludes to a higher "disproportionate" (your inference) percentile of Blacks in the state swaying the current level of test scores, which by your inference, is low.

If you're bottom of the barrel you're bottom of the barrel. Be happy w/ that claim, & stay on that side of the Sabine Riv w/ that type stupidity & excuse making for the other 60+% of the inbreds.