The article linked below from the Harvard Crimson briefly discusses the recent NCAA division I football changes and their potential impact on the Ancient Eight.

---------------------------------------------
Published on Friday, April 29, 2005
McGINN 'N' JUICE: I-AA Football Faces Change

By TIMOTHY J. MCGINN
Crimson Staff Writer

After its first 10-0 campaign in a century, the Harvard football team may be on its way to Division I-A.

Sort of.

According to a report in Wednesday’s edition of the New York Times, the NCAA Division I board of directors was expected to explore instituting a series of proposals submitted by several Division I-AA football schools yesterday—proposals which would seek to increase the number of games between I-A and I-AA programs each year and blur the formal distinction between the two tiers.

Of course, the partition would still exist in practice. Programs would indicate whether they would be competing for a bowl bid or entry in what is currently the I-AA playoffs well ahead of time, the Times reported.

Whether the measures will pass, and precisely what their impact on the college football landscape will be if they do, remains unclear. But it takes little imagination to envision the three potential outcomes for the Crimson and the Ivy League (listed below in order of increasing likelihood) if Division I-AA as we know it disappears........
Harvard Crimson