Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Missouri Valley 2009 Verbal Commit Tracker

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Re: Missouri Valley 2009 Verbal Commit Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyChamp View Post
    I was responding to a previous post that said Charie's first year was worse than before he got there. He went to two BCS games. And who cares if they were Ty's players. Ty couldn't win with Ty's players, but Charlie brought them to BCS games. It works both ways.
    Agreed. However, I'm less impressed with Charlie's efforts those two years because they weren't his players, they were pretty good players (coming from a UMich fan), and he can't repete those same actions with his players

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
    Of course. No one could have predicted the season would have turned out like it did. A little humble pie goes a long way(fans and coaching staff included.)

Trust me...He will have us playing the type of football we are used to. He learned a lot last year understands he must match UNI in all aspects of the game to be successful in this conference.
    Good way to lose to other teams besides UNI. I guess the rest of the teams might as well capitulate, now that the two conference powers have been crowned. I seem to recall a very poor YSU team defeating NDSU with ease & losing to UNI by a missed XP.

Traditionally you will find YSU, WIU, and more recently SIU to have the strongest run games. You will find ILS and UNI to have the strongest pass games. You will find YSU and UNI have the strongest defenses, but WIU is traditionally equal or better. UNI and MSU will be the most balanced on offense, with MSU and ILS being the most balanced on defense. With MSU and ILS going to the spread, I think their defenses will suffer. With ISU also going to the spread, they will win conference games.

First Class FCS Ruler ValleyChamp's Avatar

Traditionally you will find YSU, WIU, and more recently SIU to have the strongest run games. You will find ILS and UNI to have the strongest pass games. You will find YSU and UNI have the strongest defenses, but WIU is traditionally equal or better. UNI and MSU will be the most balanced on offense, with MSU and ILS being the most balanced on defense. With MSU and ILS going to the spread, I think their defenses will suffer. With ISU also going to the spread, they will win conference games.
    Although that was strange and sort of confusing, that was pretty accurate. Well done.
    UNI FIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by I-AA Fan View Post
    Good way to lose to other teams besides UNI. I guess the rest of the teams might as well capitulate, now that the two conference powers have been crowned. I seem to recall a very poor YSU team defeating NDSU with ease & losing to UNI by a missed XP.

Good post. If history is an indicator, our defense can't really get any worse. I think that's why all but 3 or 4 of our signees were from the defensive side of the ball.
    BEAR UP

THE Missouri State

First Class FCS Ruler Thunderstruck84's Avatar

Good post, I agree with everything except YSU beating NDSU with ease. Intercepting a 1st and goal pass on your own 4 yard line when the opposing team is a TD and 2pt away from forcing overtime is hardly an easy victory. The MVFC is a fine conference and playing (and potentially losing) in it should help any team within the conference. The competition is difficult and it only adds to the quality of entertainment for fans like me.
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon and others you are the statue.

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

Major FCS Advocate SteelCurtain's Avatar

I disagree...to be the best you have to beat the best. UNI is by far the best team. To win the conference you have to beat them at their own game. The rest will fall into place. What we found out last year is our D-line and o-line's were not physical enough. We have addressed those problems and I don't expect we will see that again in the future.

I know a fair amount about several of the players going to these schools as I am from the Des Moines area.
    UNI-is loaded with Des Moines area kids as usual....they picked up a RB Zach Cutkomp who may well play DB at UNI and another DB from Ames that is a burner in Sam Tim
    SDSU-Walker Woods was a solid high school back at Waukee, although probably the fourth or fifth best back in his league behind Cutkomp among others
    SIU-I saw they signed a lineman from the area named Ryan Wood

The wood kid is out of Valley which means to things, decent size and well coached in high school. However, I know that some lineman to come out of Valley have been known to be a little disappointing, they sometimes don't develop a whole lot further.

First Class FCS Ruler

From ysupenguins.com:

Football

Penguins Add Florida Cornerback Jerome Swinton to 2009 Class
    Friday, March 13 2009

Youngstown - Head Coach Jon Heacock announced on Thursday that cornerback Jerome Swinton of Dayton Beach, Fla., has signed a National Letter of Intent to join the football program.

Swinton becomes the 17th addition to the 2009 squad. Currently, Swinton attends Milford Academy and will join the program in August. As a senior in 2007 at Seabreeze High School, he was a first-team Class 4A all-state selection. He recorded 48 tackles and blocked a punt. He had a 40-yard dash time of 4.31 seconds to go along with a vertical jump of 34 inches.

-------------------------------------------------

This looks to be a great signing. He is a rivals top-200, rivals prep top-50 player (at #41), and #22 position player (CB) in the nation. If the grades hold up, he could be a good one. Swinton chose YSU over FIU. He originally had offers from Michigan and West Virginia, but grades did not hold up ...so he went to Milford. I really like this class, I think this makes 4 top-250 first-year players. Let's hope these guys work out. I also feel good that he has spent a year in NY ...he has seen a winter. I have seen more than my share of Florida boys head home after one season.

http://florida.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2295

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recrui...67&season=2008