Not to sound negative, especially on a day of thanks in America, but this needs to be addressed.

With the exception of the colors, does anyone notice the difference in these logos? Maybe the wording?

I would also like to bring your attention to the title on the NCAA home page for our championship in 2008. Notice the title?

"31st ANNUAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SUBDIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP"

Being a parent, I have learned that you should not say the words "I told you so" ...as it is not constructive ...rather, destructive.

To me, this far more important than the games this weekend. All of us associated with Pete's told everyone that we were being stripped of our Division-I status ...and we are. Yet, everyone including coaches from 3 teams in the play-off that were extremely vocal in support of the move (...is that not so JMU, App St., and especially Montana?) and blindly went on record about how wonderful this move was for the former I-AA ...and people on this board just posted how Pete's has odd opinions on things?

So, do we just take this, or do we try and do something about it? One more time:

IA = The state of Iowa. No one considers the IA teams anything but BCS or DI.

FBS = A columnist that could not spell BCS, a typo.

I-AA = Division I, followed by two letter "A's". Yes it means less than a single A, but we are. It still identifies us as DI.

FCS = I think they meant BCS? ...must have been a typo. IT MEANS NOTHING, as it is never used. Has anyone ever heard or read it being used in main-stream sports media?

So now what do you read and hear about our division? Make certain you listen this Saturday for it: "FCS ...the division formerly known as I-AA".

For those of you that are fans of the entertainer Prince; you should understand. It is time to demand the NCAA to return our Division-I status.

Sincerely,
fcsfootball.org ... the website formerly known as petespoll.com