Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire at Army Official Game Thread

New Hampshire at Army Official Game Thread

The Wildcats of New Hampshire travel to West Point looking for their fourth consecutive victory against Football Bowl Subdivision opponents.

More to come as the week progresses.
    Thou shall not honor great Americans in thy signature.

Re: New Hampshire at Army Official Game Thread

army may finish the season with no wins.. they looked terrible last week against a team that would make a good but not great FCS team
    K.C. Keeler on Villanova's Defense: "I didn't think anyone could do that to our offense in the country, not just in this league. Anybody."

Villanova, Yes we have a Football Team

http://novafacts.blogspot.com/
    The Most Diverse and Ridculous Villanova blog on the Net

www.twitter.com/thefoyeeffect

After seeing Army's performance last week.. I'd say there are probably at least five or six better teams in the CAA.

I expect that UNH is one of them.

Here is hoping we don't pull a James Madison on this one. I think we're about even chance to win, and it helps that it's not the home opener, so I hope we can pull it out.

Army played a good Temple team. Sounds like an oxy-moron, but Temple has a decent team this year. They won some games last year, and got screwed by a blown call against UConn last year that would have given them another win. This is not the same Temple team that Villanova used to beat up on.

Temple beat Army 35-7 last week.
    Army rushed for 223 yards in this game and controlled the clock. They had 2 turnovers that lead to Temple touchdowns, but if you take those two touchdowns away, they still beat them solidly 21-7. Temple got 166 yards passing, but didn't have the ball much.

I see a good game here, but I have some question marks for New Hampshire this year, like most folks. Weather could also be a factor here, heavy rain will favor Army.

Go get'm UNH!!!.

Major FCS Ruler

After declaring JMU was the "lock of the year" over Duke I should keep my mouth shut. But with New Hampshires recent history of beating 1A foes (Marshall, Northwestern and Rutgers), I don't see Army giving them much trouble.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

I GIVE EVEN ODDS ON LYLES RUNNING HIS 'BUNDLE OF STICKS" MOUTH AT HUDSON HIGH AND SOMEONE THERE KNOCKING HIS TEETH DOWN HIS THROAT........ONE CAN ALWAYS HOPE
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

I fell victim to thinking that JMU would beat Duke, but the FCS really needs a win right now and this game is our best chance.
    "Who are we playing today... the Bullfrogs?" Arkansas Fan 5 Sept, 92
    "Democrats are the Devil." UNHWildcats 27 August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by KAUMASS View Post
    Army played a good Temple team. Sounds like an oxy-moron, but Temple has a decent team this year. They won some games last year, and got screwed by a blown call against UConn last year that would have given them another win. This is not the same Temple team that Villanova used to beat up on.

Temple beat Army 35-7 last week.
    Army rushed for 223 yards in this game and controlled the clock. They had 2 turnovers that lead to Temple touchdowns, but if you take those two touchdowns away, they still beat them solidly 21-7. Temple got 166 yards passing, but didn't have the ball much.

I see a good game here, but I have some question marks for New Hampshire this year, like most folks. Weather could also be a factor here, heavy rain will favor Army.

Go get'm UNH!!!.
    The schedule will answer one of those question marks quickly! As you notice not one UNH poster is on here guaranteeing a Wildcat victory, even the one with a history of running off at the mouth! That's because we all know what Northeastern did to us last year on a poor weather day. They ran it down our throats and controlled the clock. UNH can't allow Army (or Albany) to do that. After week three we should have an idea of how much UNH has improved its run defense.

With all the rain that New England has had this Summer, the last thing we need is Hanna dumping 12+ inches of rain on us. But if it has to happen, please wait until Sunday afternoon!!! I'm so looking forward to watching the cadets parade at 10:00 AM, the pre-game function, the game, hanging out with multiple friends, touring West Point on Sunday morning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UNH_Alum_In_CT View Post
    The schedule will answer one of those question marks quickly! As you notice not one UNH poster is on here guaranteeing a Wildcat victory, even the one with a history of running off at the mouth! That's because we all know what Northeastern did to us last year on a poor weather day. They ran it down our throats and controlled the clock. UNH can't allow Army (or Albany) to do that. After week three we should have an idea of how much UNH has improved its run defense.

With all the rain that New England has had this Summer, the last thing we need is Hanna dumping 12+ inches of rain on us. But if it has to happen, please wait until Sunday afternoon!!! I'm so looking forward to watching the cadets parade at 10:00 AM, the pre-game function, the game, hanging out with multiple friends, touring West Point on Sunday morning, etc.
    If Santos was QB or if I had a season's worth of Toman to use in judgement I might have guaranteed a win, I think Toman will be a very very good QB, I just have nothing to back it up with...yet.
    Thou shall not honor great Americans in thy signature.