Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror
    The folks in San Marcos bring it up all the time. It was even in their 2000 media guide about the move to I-A...

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/2000_d1.jpg
    http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/2000_d1_2.jpg
    Yeah but they will expect to go straight to the Big 12

According to this article about Griz stadium expansion, Montana is not interested in moving to I-A:
    The possible changes to the stadium aren’t an indicator that administrators are trying to move Griz football into the top-tier, Division I-A, he said.

“We like being a big fish in a little pond,” Maes said. “We have absolutely no desire to move up to I-A in football.”The master plan is about making a long-range plan for athletics, since there currently isn’t one in place, and space for stadium expansion is limited, he said.
    http://www.kaimin.org/index.php?opti...=747&Itemid=55

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN
    DELAWARE STATE!...NO AH'M SERIOUS......DUH AVGERAGE ATTENDANCE....2600
    Hey, that's perfect for the Sun Belt xazzx
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic311_1.gif

That is the real question...where do these schools go? ...what will probably have to happen is the development of a new conference to support it...there are just so many slots available. I think you will have to see some like-minded schools make the jump together...I have

You see an example of that already in IAA.

Regular FCS Advocate Eagles_Cliff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph
    None that I know of.
    Thank You Ralph!

We get this all the time on TSC. TSC had to create a I-AA vs I-A board.

1. It takes a pile of money to go I-A that most I-AA schools don't have (that's why they're I-AA to begin with).
    2. There are attendence requirements that Montana and Delaware meet, a few others may be close, but most are no where near. Some Ivy, SWAC, and MEAC schools have the attendence, but they seem to be happy where they are, the exception being Fla A&M.
    3. The "I-A" that most people want to be part of is a closed club. Pick a state or region and you'll know which school rules in football recruiting and booster money. What happened to undefeated "I-A" Marshall, Boise St.? Not even a chance to lose to one of the big boys which leads me to..

4. To heck with I-A 'till they get a fair way to decide a champion. I LOVE I-AA, because we decide it on the field!! 8 "preferred conference" auto bids and 8 up for grabs. This year, for example, CCU is probably not really a Top 16 team, but if they win out, they deserve to be in the playoffs, which means they have 4 chances to win it all.

I-AA All The Way!

FCS EGG-HOLE
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph
    None that I know of.
    RALPHIE....MAY WANNA CALL UP DR. SESSOMS...DELAWARE STATE...HONCHO.......HE HAS REPEATED MO' DAN UH DOZEN TIMES...IN DUH JOURNAL........DEL. ST. HAS DIV. I-A ASPIRATIONS!.....NOW GOIN' BY DIS THREAD "WHAT CURRENT I-AA'S ARE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING I-A MOVES"....IT MAYBEAH NOT NEXT WEEK...OR EVEN UH COUPLE LIGHT YEARS FROM NOW.......BUT DUH GOOD...DOC.......CLAIMS TA BE SERIOUS!.......FO' WHAT IT'S WORFFF!.........:rolleyes:.......BRAWK!

That is precisely what we are looking at in regard to a step up. You have to have reasonable travel costs to make it viable in all sports. It doesn't take a genius to postulate a new regional league based on schools known to have some I-A aspirations. All that said, its all just talk at this point.

All the chatter in Normal says Illinois State is getting the money and fundraising ready to update facilities and think about going I-A
    ISUMatt

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN
    RALPHIE....MAY WANNA CALL UP DR. SESSOMS...DELAWARE STATE...HONCHO.......HE HAS REPEATED MO' DAN UH DOZEN TIMES...IN DUH JOURNAL........DEL. ST. HAS DIV. I-A ASPIRATIONS!.....NOW GOIN' BY DIS THREAD "WHAT CURRENT I-AA'S ARE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING I-A MOVES"....IT MAYBEAH NOT NEXT WEEK...OR EVEN UH COUPLE LIGHT YEARS FROM NOW.......BUT DUH GOOD...DOC.......CLAIMS TA BE SERIOUS!.......FO' WHAT IT'S WORFFF!.........:rolleyes:.......BRAWK!
    Well, I have actually talked directly to DR. Sessoms on this topic and have expressed my doubts. He has solid reasons for looking at the move that actually have very little to do with Athletics. I like the guy as he is thinking outside the box for Del State which is good for Central Delaware and the whole State of Delaware.

As anyone who reads a Delaware Newspaper knows Dr. Sessoms has bigger problems than athletics right now. In addition he is probably better off emphasizing basketball with the current BBall coach he has to achieve his goals.

Quote Originally Posted by wlj989s
    The Missouri State University.

And hell no are we going to the SunBelt.
    Another good candidate for the MAC, especially after the "Temple experiment" fails.

Producing the best educated athletes in the world, since 1693!