Quote Originally Posted by Franks Tanks View Post
Sorry, I don’t think that makes sense. FCS is about cost containment. By the way at least 2/3 of the FBS can’t consistently fill a 60k seat stadium. Power conference schools like Washington State and Oregon State have like 38k seat stadiums. Virtually any school that can fill a 60k seat stadium will be power 5 as that’s where they belong.
I think your right and wrong, yeah, FCS is a cost cutting option, but there is no cap on how much is spent, except for scholarships. Nothing says that a FCS program can't have a $50M dollar budget, a 60k seat stadium that cost $90M, a $50M dollar workout facility and so on. (I'm going overboard on the numbers I know) but there is nothing to cap that stuff, and to me, a schools athletic affiliations should be based on what schools the individual schools see as peers, or have a lot in common. I'm just saying, if a school choices to have the more expensive things, and the bigger stadiums, don't automatically mean they are looking to be in FBS, my opinion, way more than half of FBS programs should be FCS.