Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UT Vol Schaeffer to I-AA?

First Class FCS Ruler WCU LawCat's Avatar

UT Vol Schaeffer to I-AA?

A Top UT QB will leave school.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2043756

I'm interested to see if he ends up in I-AA. I'd love to see him at Western Carolina in Cullowhee as we do not have a clear cut starter. I don't think he is a bad kid. Sometimes 19 year olds in love let adreniline get the best of them. Could make an Ingle Martin type impact somewhere. Bring him on at WCU!

FCS Champion
    I think CCU is fine at QB - but that is a position you can never have too many of. I wonder if our new Tennessee connection might bring him to the beach???

I doubt it. The reason I say that is because the Big South does not get an automatic bid. You can go 10-1 (al la CCU) and not make the playoffs. Thats not a stab at CCU. I think your football program is progressing well.

FCS Champion
    Perhaps you are correct, but how many times in the last 10 years has WCU won the SoCon auto? If that's what he wants then he needs to go to GSU or Furman or Delaware or some other I-AA power house.

As far as CCU getting into the playoffs it all depends on schedule. Lat year was very weak but say we go 10-1 this year I think CCU will be a likely choice to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by rokamortis; April 24th, 2005 at 10:58 AM. Reason: clarification and typo

FCS Champion
    I'll add that CCU going 10-1 is a big IF - please no one think that I said we are going to do that well. :rolleyes:

Even with qbs that need plenty of playing time, Georgia Southern will keep what they have.

I would like to see Western Carolina pick up this young man. The So Con needs another team that is competitive weekend & weekout.

Not taking anything away from WCU, but I would like to see them challenge for the So Con championship.
    BIRDS FLY IN FLOCKS, EAGLES SOAR ALONE

I think the only thing missing from the 2005 Catamounts right now is a clear cut starting QB. The biggest hit on Offense was the lose of 2 senior OL. One of those has already been replaced by Tulane OL transfer Mark Burgess. As far as defense goes, I'll go out on a limb and say we have either the best or second best defense in the conferance. I think we return more starters than anyone in the conferance.

FCS Master
    This is just my oppinion but I bet he goes to UT-Chatt. That is if he doesn't return home to Florida. Articles out of Tennessee said he was dismissed from the team for cutting classes and not for fighting so he's not a very good student.

FCS Ruler
    He should go to William & Mary. That would be a team he could take far. WCU would not go as far and as a player you gotta go where you can win.

Yea read the same articles that said cutting class was the problem period!!!
    ISUMatt