I've said this a thousand times.... How does having scholarships make you a better or more worthy team? If a team can compete, then there should be no problem. We can list a lot of teams that offer scholarships that are horrible, but because they have scholarships they are worthy FCS teams. The issue I see is that if a non-scholarship team can beat up on a scholarship team, then what is the justification for spending all that money on scholarships? Having non-scholarship football teams isn't hurting anyone. If anything the schools success at basketball can bring a little more attention to FCS football (Just from the PFL there was San Diego, Drake, Buttler, and Davidson) from fans that don't know much about that level, but recognize the school name from their basketball success.

So tell me this: What is so negative about having non-scholarship football at the FCS level? How does having scholarships make you a better team? Why not address the issue of having teams in the FCS that offer scholrships, but are not competetive. Those teams make the FCS look like a joke more than the non-scholarship teams do.