Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More attendance reporting irregularities

Talking More attendance reporting irregularities

Actually this is a story about the Montana State Scrimmage, http://www.greatfallstribune.com/app...504100331/1006 but I found this humorous:

The paid attendance was announced as 3,527, and probably 2,000 folks shivered amid crisp wild-chill temperatures at Memorial Stadium as the Bobcats, in Great Falls for a scrimmage for a second year in a row, worked up a sweat.
    It's funny when you see this picture that was posted on the Bobcat board http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbo...pic.php?t=2006 . Either those 2000 people are skinniest people in Montana and all are turned sideways or they came dressed like bleachers.

Good article about the scrimmage, though. Sounds like the offense is ahead of the defense in Bozeman right now.

they have to pay to go to the Spring Game ???

HUH?

Not that I'm a Bobcat fan or anything, but aren't those photos shot from the HOME side stands, therefore the stands visible in the pictures are the VISITING side stands?

I know at NDSU's Spring Game they only have seating open on one side, so any picture shot from the stands shows the empty seats on the opposite side.

Lets hope so for their sake :bang:

We had a full house in Polson. So full that when Polsongriz and Captain Cat got back from drinking pop, they had no where to sit. Standing room only...
    EIGHT ZERO IS MY HERO

First Class FCS Ruler
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel
    they have to pay to go to the Spring Game ???
    Griz fans do too! $5.00 unless you were unlucky enough to have PolsonGriz right behind you who was drinking "pop" all morning but didn't seem to have $$ to get into the scrimmage. Then it was an additional $10!

Plus $2.00 a pop for "pop" in the morning, $2.50 after the scrum and I can't remember what it was at the 3rd place. Heck, I can hardly remember how I got to the 3rd place!

AGS FCS Champion
    Atendance.
    What a hoot. Peple say I-AA under reports and I-A over reports.
    Any schools who do either are liars and cheats. I'd like to see their academic reports for athletes and recruiting practices examined, too. Why lie about one advantageous thing and not another??
    What some unscrupulous programs do reflects on all of college athletics.

Yes, college football is going to hell in a handbasket because of attendance reporting issues - hmm, ok :rolleyes: .

As for Spring Game prices, at UD it's $5 to get in, although season ticket holders get complimentary (free) tix in their renewal forms. At more than 11k season ticket holders, pretty much most people aren't paying to get in. Food still costs money though!
    Proud Member of the Fightin' Blue Hen Nation

Just in case it wasn't clear from the the attendance part of this post was a joke, really just a way for a Griz fan to post something about the Cats scrimmage. :rolleyes:

Most of the Griz scrimmages are free, the one in Polson is more of a fund raiser, similar to the Cat Scrimmage in Great Falls.

AGS FCS Champion
    Lie to the NCAA about one thing..may as well lie and fake reports for everything.
    Underreporting on play-off games is stealing money. The home school gets the home team advantage while pilfering money while the visiting team gets the shaft. Won't even break even if they bring more than minimun squad and staff.
    The stuff that Marshall and UNLV types are made of.