What's up ya'll- although we all know NIL has become "pay to play" in theory an athlete is only supposed to get money or goods/services in exchange for promotion correct? so If NIL collectives are separate from the team (like not a HC offering) how does this work? It was just reported that Monmouth star WR from last yr got $200,000 NIL money to transfer to Rutgers. My question is this- Don't you have to actually use your "name , image, likeness" to get that money? So while I am fully for a real company like Nike wanting to pay millions to a legit star for marketing, we know that no real company is paying 200-500k for some FCS good player to advertise their restaurant or car dealership. So is there a check/balance for if the athlete actually ever does anything for the money and where it really came from?? I have no issue with some lacrosse star running a camp in the summer and making 50k or a football player at Nova getting 25k to be in a commercial or someone getting 50% of their own jersey sales, but clearly much of what is going on is not this.. anyone have a real clue?