Quote Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
Hey, Please check your map. Elon is located strategically in the Barbeque sweet spot. Just north of Lexington only a 30 minute drive up on I-85/40 several classic spots are nearby. The Huey Family were always great supporters of Elon Athletics. Bridges in Shelby is iconic but N Charleston is hype only.

While you are technically correct, I'm not sure Elon can be considered in this conversation. The location of the campus is only a part of the complete picture. You are not factoring in the student population or the league you participate in. Your kids are not from Alamance county anymore. Once you dumped the fighting Christians, kicked up the tuition, and started exclusively recruiting students from NOVA and the northeast, you lost all cred amongst the TRUE BBQ FAITHFUL. In fact, on a tour with my eldest, the guide (a young man from outside Boston) explained that the school would do fun events for the kids several times a semester. Included in his list of things was a "Bar-B-Que" on the lawn....WITH HOT DOGS AND HAMBURGERS...Really?