• South Dakota State

78 73.58%
  • Montana

28 26.42%
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 National Championship: #1 South Dakota State vs #2 Montana

AGS FCS Champion

2023 National Championship: #1 South Dakota State vs #2 Montana

Game will kick off on Sunday 1/7 at 1PM CT in Frisco, Texas and will be broadcast nationally on ABC.

Last edited by Professor Chaos; December 17th, 2023 at 08:21 AM.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: 2023 National Championship: #1 South Dakota State vs #2 Montana

SDSU by whatever they want

Top FCS Advocate
    My Team
    North Dakota State

SDSU in a laugher.
    I'm a Democrat for life. trump made sure of that.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

This won’t be close. Montanas D looked pretty average against the run in the NDSU game and NDSU is not SDSU. I hope SDSU chokes big in this game but I doubt it SDSU probably won’t gift them the penalty yards NSDU did
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    This won’t be close. Montanas D looked pretty average against the run in the NDSU game and NDSU is not SDSU. I hope SDSU chokes big in this game but I doubt it SDSU probably won’t gift them the penalty yards NSDU did
    Gronowski likely doesn't miss all those wide open deep shots.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Well, maybe even more big is the fact that SDSU can run screens and will throw to their backs which will neutralize the Montana blitz. We have no clue offensively to react to that. I think the SDSU oline is just gonna man handle these guys. Football is weird game. Kind of looking forward to the game, don’t really have a dog in the fight but I hate SDSU and hope they get beat by a tipped pass with no time left on the clock.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    that seems to be very true. at the same time, he missed a number of throws yesterday. maybe the jankes adjust better to the ball in the air than the bison receivers did today?? that is not a criticism of Mark. i think he has more than proven to be a guy who makes the plays when the plays need to be made. that is probably his greatest skill

Griz are definitely a good team. should not and definitely will not be taken lightly. no way that Jimmy lets them be taken lightly. he undoubtedly has a memory forever burned into his brain related to a loss once upon a time, back in his playing days. time for the go around to come around

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Well, maybe even more big is the fact that SDSU can run screens and will throw to their backs which will neutralize the Montana blitz. We have no clue offensively to react to that. I think the SDSU oline is just gonna man handle these guys. Football is weird game. Kind of looking forward to the game, don’t really have a dog in the fight but I hate SDSU and hope they get beat by a tipped pass with no time left on the clock.
    i have been around this site for maybe a handful of years now and i have never seen any type of explanation for your feelings about this. obviously you dont have to explain anything! you and anyone / everyone are welcome to like dislike or hate any team ya want! just that i have seen you say this many times and i wonder if there is an interesting story behind it?? you seem like an intelligent football fan and fan of good football.

for myself- i HATE losing to the bison but i have only respect for the school the athletic program and the football program. most of the time if they are not playing the jacks i find myself cheering for them because i respect the way that they do things more than i respect the way a lot of other programs do things.
    also i have always appreciated that the two schools made the move together when none of the other ncc schools had the wisdom or foresight to see that D2 was going to get watered down and that it was the smart move to make, and they definitely helped each other to survive a difficult process when everyone else around them tried to make it harder.
    lastly, it is better for the conference to have them win

My Team
    North Dakota State

Most Bison fans hate SDSU because their football team was dirty and their fans vandalize cars.

In case you can't access this site without a subscription: "Perry was engaged with an SDSU offensive lineman on the play he got injured. Near the end of that play, the SDSU player dove down and cut block Perry in the knee area."
    https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/bison-lose-dt-perry-for-season

Yes that was a long time ago, but some of us are still mad about Drew Pearson pushing off a Vikings defender in the NFL playoff almost 50 years ago and upper-Midwesterners hold sports grudges for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Born a Rabbit View Post
    i have been around this site for maybe a handful of years now and i have never seen any type of explanation for your feelings about this. obviously you dont have to explain anything! you and anyone / everyone are welcome to like dislike or hate any team ya want! just that i have seen you say this many times and i wonder if there is an interesting story behind it?? you seem like an intelligent football fan and fan of good football.

for myself- i HATE losing to the bison but i have only respect for the school the athletic program and the football program. most of the time if they are not playing the jacks i find myself cheering for them because i respect the way that they do things more than i respect the way a lot of other programs do things.
    also i have always appreciated that the two schools made the move together when none of the other ncc schools had the wisdom or foresight to see that D2 was going to get watered down and that it was the smart move to make, and they definitely helped each other to survive a difficult process when everyone else around them tried to make it harder.
    lastly, it is better for the conference to have them win

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Most Bison fans hate SDSU because their football team was dirty and their fans vandalize cars.

In case you can't access this site without a subscription: "Perry was engaged with an SDSU offensive lineman on the play he got injured. Near the end of that play, the SDSU player dove down and cut block Perry in the knee area."
    https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/bison-lose-dt-perry-for-season

Yes that was a long time ago, but some of us are still mad about Drew Pearson pushing off a Vikings defender in the NFL playoff almost 50 years ago and upper-Midwesterners hold sports grudges for a long time.
    well i have heard those stories along with the silliness about Rozeboom being an ankle twister. i thought it was only a small number of extreme whatever you call its that actually believed those things symbolized the entire team / program, or fanbase.

anyone could pick out one or two examples of bad things that could be associated with any person or group of people and apply it to the group as a whole. cant remember which one but one of the bison fans has that tag on his account about the left wants to judge every gun owner based on the actions of a few nutjobs. anyway, i want to hope/ believe that reasonable folks know what is true. just as i choose not to decide that every bison fan is a loudmouth or mentally unhinged just because a few of them shoot their mouth off or a few of them think entz is the worst coach ever, despite dealing with nil and other circumstances that predecessors never dealt with and still making it to the final four this year and three other finals with two wins

anyway i did say everyone is welcome to their opinion, and i still mean that, no matter how much i would disagree with it. that said i think the bison are still clearly at the VERY VERY top of fcs football and i congratulate you all on another excellent season