Quote Originally Posted by Born a Rabbit View Post
i have been around this site for maybe a handful of years now and i have never seen any type of explanation for your feelings about this. obviously you dont have to explain anything! you and anyone / everyone are welcome to like dislike or hate any team ya want! just that i have seen you say this many times and i wonder if there is an interesting story behind it?? you seem like an intelligent football fan and fan of good football.

for myself- i HATE losing to the bison but i have only respect for the school the athletic program and the football program. most of the time if they are not playing the jacks i find myself cheering for them because i respect the way that they do things more than i respect the way a lot of other programs do things.
also i have always appreciated that the two schools made the move together when none of the other ncc schools had the wisdom or foresight to see that D2 was going to get watered down and that it was the smart move to make, and they definitely helped each other to survive a difficult process when everyone else around them tried to make it harder.
lastly, it is better for the conference to have them win
I have been around fans of both NDSU and SDSU. Both have fans that are straight-up douche bags, but I consider the large majority of both to be decent people who love their teams, respect the game, and respect opposing teams and fans.