28 26.42%
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 National Championship: #1 South Dakota State vs #2 Montana

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    Montana

Re: 2023 National Championship: #1 South Dakota State vs #2 Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Grizalltheway View Post
    Montana already holds that distinction, and this would not surpass 1995. Also, why aren't you bringing up the fact that SDSU barely got by MSU, a team UM crushed, and had a relatively close game against 8 seed Nova?
    This would definitely surpass 1995 in terms of upset level. The '95 title game featured #6 Montana against #5 Marshall—not much of an upset, even with the Herd at home.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by mvemjsunpx View Post
    This would definitely surpass 1995 in terms of upset level. The '95 title game featured #6 Montana against #5 Marshall—not much of an upset, even with the Herd at home.
    That's what I saw. Not sure how he was cyphering this.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...190084343/amp/

Would love to see this game now because a denier believed your top 20 ranking is total BS

I read on some forum (egriz?) that McDowell has been playing with a huge throwing hands the last few games. No idea if this is true, but his game does seem different the past two weeks.

I also agree with the above in that he has been tentative to throw and not as decisive on his running decisions. If true, 3 weeks will make a positive difference.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Dobie View Post
    Get a good BBQ experience at Hutchins, best BBQ in DFW.
    100% agreed with Hutchins. Get there a little early as there is normally quite the line but I can assure you it is worth the wait.

Their most brisket is to die for.

We went to Hard Eight's last year too. That was really good too.

A few other fun things to do is an AT&T stadium tour (home of the Dallas Cowboys) or go to the Stockyards in Fort Worth.

You can park for free about 1-2 blocks East of the stadium on game day.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    This SDSU team is better than the 2013 Bison, prove me wrong, go player for player on O and D. They have advantages almost everywhere. I know it is hard to gauge but they are clearly better at the skill positions on offense, their QB is better, their RB's are better, their receivers are a hell of a lot better and they are better at TE and probably better at O line. I think the D is pretty close.
    Not going thru every position but I'd take 2013 Bison. I may be biased though...

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    Not going thru every position but I'd take 2013 Bison. I may be biased though...
    It would be a great game, that Bison team had "it" but I do not think they were as strong position by position as this SDSU team is, it is a close call. I know that the 2013 absolutely destroyed everybody they played in the playoffs and Natty that year, much like SDSU is doing now (Villanova game was competitive for a while). The biggest difference between the current SDSU and NDSU teams is in the offensive skill positions. O lines are probably a wash, maybe a slight nod to NDSU, D is close, NDSU had a lot of dudes on the 2013 team.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I read on some forum (egriz?) that McDowell has been playing with a huge throwing hands the last few games. No idea if this is true, but his game does seem different the past two weeks.

I also agree with the above in that he has been tentative to throw and not as decisive on his running decisions. If true, 3 weeks will make a positive difference.

Why would this be an issue? I thought tiny hands were more of an issue?

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post

No idea what this "McDowell has been playing with a huge throwing hands" means....but ... anyway ...

Prior to the Furman @ Montana game, FUBeAR inquired (and did his own research) regarding Mr. McDowell.

FUBeAR's curiosity revolved around Mr. McDowell's statistical mediocrity (this is an objective fact; not a subjective criticism) at 3 prior colleges before his sudden ascent to such praiseworthy heights @ Montana for his play against 7 Big Sky Teams and a CAA Team w/a suspect Defense (giving up almost 40 PPG down the stretch).

Furman and NDSU, unquestionably, have 2 of the better Defenses in FCS.

FUBeAR knows it's an almost incomprehensible concept for us Griz fans to even consider....but, perhaps, just maybe, the level of competition Mr. McDowell has seen from a SoCon Team and an MVFC Team vs. that which he faced from those 7 Big Sky Conference opponents and that CAA Team with a suspect Defense, has negatively impacted his results.

At least statistically, if not in fact, SDSU has, by far, the best Defense in FCS. Mr. McDowell may be, again, challenged to produce as easily as he did against those 7 Big Sky opponents and the CAA Team with the suspect Defense.
    Last edited by FUBeAR; December 19th, 2023 at 09:50 AM.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

The Sultan of Sarcasm Grizalltheway's Avatar
    My Team
    Good Ol' Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    No idea what this "McDowell has been playing with a huge throwing hands" means....but ... anyway ...

Prior to the Furman @ Montana game, FUBeAR inquired (and did his own research) regarding Mr. McDowell.

FUBeAR's curiosity revolved around Mr. McDowell's statistical mediocrity (this is an objective fact; not a subjective criticism) at 3 prior colleges before his sudden ascent to such praiseworthy heights @ Montana for his play against 7 Big Sky Teams and a CAA Team w/a suspect Defense (giving up almost 40 PPG down the stretch).

Furman and NDSU, unquestionably, have 2 of the better Defenses in FCS.

FUBeAR knows it's an almost incomprehensible concept for us Griz fans to even consider....but, perhaps, just maybe, the level of competition Mr. McDowell has seen from a SoCon Team and an MVFC Team vs. that which he faced from those 7 Big Sky Conference opponents and that CAA Team with a suspect Defense, has negatively impacted his results.

At least statistically, if not in fact, SDSU has, by far, the best Defense in FCS. Mr. McDowell may be, again, challenged to produce as easily as he did against those 7 Big Sky opponents and the CAA Team with the suspect Defense.
    11-0 as a starter and playing for a national title. Perfectly happy with those results.
    And I think he means busted up hand, according to the article posted on eGriz.
    Last edited by Grizalltheway; December 19th, 2023 at 10:21 AM.