Quote Originally Posted by ralph
My, aren't you smackdillyicious? I-A and I-AA aren't in the same NCAA division you say? Check again. Is that "fantasy" as you say? Check again. Am I the one who is "naive" as you say? Check again. Have you checked the NCAA bylaws? Check again.

As I said, D-I is D-I. There are only three divisions in the NCAA. Only in D-I are there subclassifications and only in the sport of football. Here's a handy link for you:

Why it is called I-AA
http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=44189
Come on Ralph, is it really so hard to accept?

Let's see. I point you to the official NCAA website, where they clearly deliniate four separate divisions of football. In fact, on their own web site they use the terms "Division I-A" and "Division I-AA". But you don't want to believe that, so you try and counter it with a nice homemade PDF.

Why is it so hard to accept that I-A and I-AA are separate and unique divisions, when the NCAA itself makes clear deliniations of it? And it's not a bad thing either. I am not ashamed to say my school is a Division I-AA school, in a separate and unique division from my friends' schools such as UVA, VT, Maryland, etc.

Or are you going to continue to act like the NCAA does toward American Indians, and tell us that what you believe is what we shuld believe, even if it's not the truth?

I'm done with this. Have a nice day. Enjoy your trip this week to whatever I-AA football game you are going to. I mean that, have a great time. I'll be having fun listening to my Division I-AA Appalachian State team play Coastal Carolina. And I may catch some of my wife's alma mater, the Division I-A Texas Longhorns, on TV later. I'll enjoy them both for what they actually are, two teams I care about and root for in separate divisions of college football.