Thread: Mount Rushmore of Coaches by Conference

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Re: Mount Rushmore of Coaches by Conference

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ....NO DISRESPECT.....FO' COACH SEAN........BOWES IS WINNINGEST (175-106-5) & LONGEST TENURED (27 YRS).....NEW HAMPSHIRE HEAD COACH.....IN COACHES HOF......MCDONNELL...(FORMER BOWES ASSISTANT.)......IS RIGHT BEHIND BOWES 157-104...HIS 14 YR. PLAYOFF RECORD IS SPARKLY....&.....SPAWNED SOME REALLY GOOD HEAD COACHES......FROM HIS ASSISTANT LOG.........FLIP UH COIN AH GUESS....AH GREW UP WHIFF BOWES....AH LEAN DAT WAY...........BAWK!
    Bowes was a very young Head Coach when I got to UNH. I saw either Bowes and McDonnell as as the clear #4, but couldn't really pick between the two so didn't comment. I think Both UNH guys have less wins at UNH than Tubby Raymond, Andy Talley and Jimmye Laycock have with their Yankee Conf., Atlantic10 and CAA teams so I'd concede one of the two UNH coaches would be the 4th on MT Rushmore - I think that would make them Teddy Roosevelt? I think the MT Rushmore we're talking about is in Delaware, right?

A picture of Coach Bowes with Jerry Azumah at a home game this past season. He's looking real good for 80. He was only 29 when he got the UNH Head Coach job in 1972.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowes and Azumah.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	33252
    Last edited by KPSUL; January 1st, 2024 at 09:31 PM.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber